Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77043 - 09/19/02 03:36 PM Headlight Mod..Interested?
Littleman Offline
Loc: Alabama
Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules asking this.
I have read a few posts on the dim headlights for the GPs. I did a Mod on another car I had that worked really well, and was basically using the high beam of the bulb as the dims and the low and high beams together as the high beam, plus the fog lights would reamin on.
I would like to see if there is any interest in this. I will make the mod to my car soon.
Ideas? Concerns? Interest? confused

Littleman
#77044 - 09/19/02 03:41 PM Re: Headlight Mod..Interested?
Redshift Offline
Loc: Raleigh, NC
Careful - the factory wiring might fry, leaving you in a dangerous situation. I'd highly recommend against doing something like this. smile
#77045 - 09/19/02 03:47 PM Re: Headlight Mod..Interested?
Littleman Offline
Loc: Alabama
Don't worry about that. I do this for a living. If I determine that the wire gauge isn't adequate, then I will add a set of relays, fusing and a wire directly to the battery/power branch.

That was actually how I did the last mod. The (mustang) factory switch and wiring fired, as did several of my friends switches, and I added a realy and only use the factory switch to turn on the relay. All the power came directly from the distribution box. (actually the selonoid on the firewall)
#77046 - 09/19/02 09:21 PM Re: Headlight Mod..Interested?
Redshift Offline
Loc: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Littleman:
Don't worry about that. I do this for a living. If I determine that the wire gauge isn't adequate, then I will add a set of relays, fusing and a wire directly to the battery/power branch.

That was actually how I did the last mod. The (mustang) factory switch and wiring fired, as did several of my friends switches, and I added a realy and only use the factory switch to turn on the relay. All the power came directly from the distribution box. (actually the selonoid on the firewall)
Glad to hear you know what you are doing. A lot of people don't understand the principles behind it, that is why I was trying to help.