Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77541 - 05/22/07 01:06 AM Some More questions for you all
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
I really want people to hear my engine, i want them to think that i have a V-8 in there, i noticed that a lot of you guys have a U-bend delete, is that more for performance or for sound, i want to add some horsepower to my car, but not that much bcuz i can only go so fast b4 i get caught, luckily i havent been caught at all. Should i get a complete exhaust system or just some mufflers and a U-bend delete. Also what does the resonator do and should i get it removed also?

The engine on my car is kind of dirty also bcuz i didnt have the car til last year when my parents gave it to me, (i still have to pay for insurance and gas so dont think im spoiled, and trust me insurance is a pain) Is there like a spray i can get just to spray on and it will dissolve the grime, or do i have to take it to somebody and have them do an engine detail???

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#77542 - 05/22/07 02:22 AM Re: Some More questions for you all
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
The U-bend delete is for performance.
#77543 - 05/22/07 08:07 AM Re: Some More questions for you all
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
No matter what you do your exhaust will still sound like a V6. Trust me, even with a cam swap, it's still like a V6...

'97 SE with alot of mods
#77544 - 05/22/07 08:25 AM Re: Some More questions for you all
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
i want them to think that i have a V-8 in there
Not going to happen unless you put a V8 in there.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#77545 - 05/22/07 11:28 AM Re: Some More questions for you all
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
some mufflers will give your car a little attitude, but like Austin said... not gonna sound like a v8 if it isn't one.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#77546 - 05/22/07 12:27 PM Re: Some More questions for you all
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
I really want people to hear my engine, i want them to think that i have a V-8 in there, i noticed that a lot of you guys have a U-bend delete, is that more for performance or for sound, i want to add some horsepower to my car, but not that much bcuz i can only go so fast b4 i get caught, luckily i havent been caught at all. Should i get a complete exhaust system or just some mufflers and a U-bend delete. Also what does the resonator do and should i get it removed also?

The engine on my car is kind of dirty also bcuz i didnt have the car til last year when my parents gave it to me, (i still have to pay for insurance and gas so dont think im spoiled, and trust me insurance is a pain) Is there like a spray i can get just to spray on and it will dissolve the grime, or do i have to take it to somebody and have them do an engine detail???
Do the basic mods to open her up. Like a 3" DP, CAI, PCM. Then, look as to what you're trying to reach and money limits.

The resonator quiets the exhaust.

Mufflers - do you want to sound loud at WOT or have a good rumble?
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#77547 - 05/22/07 01:53 PM Re: Some More questions for you all
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
its only a V6, i have yet to hear a GP that sounded really good. i like how mine sounds, and there are a few other in our local chapter that sound ok, but none of them can compare to the sound of a V8
#77548 - 05/22/07 02:17 PM Re: Some More questions for you all
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
We all wish our GPs had a nice V8 rumble, but unfortunately there's no replacement for displacement... frown
#77549 - 05/22/07 08:11 PM Re: Some More questions for you all
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I've never heard a 3800 sound close...but oddly enough, I've heard a 3400 sounds close. Not quite a perfect V8 sound, but it was a lot closer than any 3800 I've ever heard. Must be because of the design differences between the 90degree and 60degree V6s