Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77962 - 03/19/04 07:27 PM Wizaired CAI
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Anyone out there running one of ZZPs wizaird intakes? How do you like it? was it worth the money and did you see any gains over what you were using, if that was other than stock.

Ive got a stock airbox that is Modified to fit a K&N cone. It has a 3"ID elbow to the fenderwell that comes out of the box but the box overall is still sealed to the engine compartment.

Its a good idea IMO, keeps out engine heat but I can only fit a 7" cone with a 3" ID in there and its a bit of a PITA to get out and put back in.

I havent run at the track with this box yet but Im sure a 9" cone with a 4" ID hole would flow a lot more air, though I dont know how much of a bottleneck the MAF (screen in) is. Maybe a bigger cone wouldnt help.

With any luck Ill have some flow/maf info IF I can run at the track tomorrow.

Just wondering if the $250 some odd dollars is worth having a box that would be a lot easier to live with and flows better.

Jeff
#77963 - 03/19/04 08:44 PM Re: Wizaired CAI
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
I have one. First off it does not include the filter. I got mine on ebay for $40.00. That will save you 10 bucks if you ordered it from someboby like Jegs. Second, it is loud. You will hear a lot of stuff that you didn't hear before. However, after the car warms up, the only time you will hear it is at WOT. WHAAAAAA(that's the sound). The flow is excellent. I don't know what mods you are running but if you have a smaller than 3.4, then a CAI is a must. A 3.4 could use an SLP CAI with a K&N and the downpipe/ubend replace. It is a lot quieter than a Wizaired, MSP, or Thrasher. Of the four CAI's, the Wiz is the best. The Thrasher and MSP both look a little better, and the SLP looks kinda stock. The SLP is at the bottom, performance wise, but better than your current set-up. I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions, please ask.
Jack

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP
#77964 - 03/19/04 09:20 PM Re: Wizaired CAI
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Thanks jack. My current setup is pretty loud as is so that wont be a problem. The big elbow off the side of the airbox to the fenderwell livend things up but I think the 3" ID on the filter is a bit small.

I dont have a pulley yet, still running stock but do have a 180 Tstat, Ubend delete, TB spacer and heat shield, and the modified box.

Right now Im concentrating on maintenance stuff for spring and some suspension mods. I need to sell more junk on Ebay for some Mod Money. smile

Jeff
#77965 - 03/21/04 06:37 PM Re: Wizaired CAI
terapinn2000GTP Offline
Loc: Oklahoma city
I was having a guy locally that owns and works on GT's and GTP's build me a custom intake. It is a friend of a friends so I havent talked to him and waiting around for this person to get us in contact to talk to him. It will cost me $110 with the 9" K&N cone with it already. "I've come to find out that the one he sells is made of ABS thermal plastic due to more gain's instead of a identical stainless steel one. He dynoed it to prove it!" (That is what my friend emailed me) I will include a pic as well. I was wondering what everyone thought and with running the 3.4 pulley and not really any intentions to go smaller for a while if I should go with this intake or another system for the money and performance. I was also reading where the 2000 airbox is fine with the 3.4 pulley. Will it be ok to run the stock air box and the 3.4 pulley along with TB spacer colder plugs and t stat until I figure out and install the CAI. Just wondering cause im starting to run out of money for now.

Well I cant figure out how to post a pic? Anyone know how to add the pic to this post?