Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78142 - 09/23/02 07:24 PM in dash cd changer
silvergt Offline
Loc: Pennsylvania
I'm trying to find a in-dash cd changer. If anyone knows of one or has one that will work with the steering wheel controls i'd appreciate any info.
thanks
#78143 - 09/24/02 10:49 AM Re: in dash cd changer
Ferb Offline
Loc: San Luis Obispo, CA
I have seen a few models of harness adaptors that allow you to run Sony, Alpine, Clarion, etc, etc systems that have remote controls.

I believe the Sony one uses the IR port, whereas the others use the single-wire remote on the back. Check around online and you can find 'em no problem.

ferb!
#78144 - 09/27/02 04:55 PM Re: in dash cd changer
Littleman Offline
Loc: Alabama
I looked at crutchfield for this www.crutchfield.com and found bunch of sereos, many that are factory replacement shaped, several that will connecto to the existing cableing (steering wheel controls), but none that had the changer built in. Take a look and use the application (car) questions.

Littleman
#78145 - 09/28/02 10:07 AM Re: in dash cd changer
coolgt2001 Offline
Loc: CP Indiana
I am not totally for sure but I think pioneer and sony are the only two brands that make a special wiring harness for the gp with steering wheel controls. I know mine works I have a pioneer but it isn't a disc changer. I was lazy and I had professional install on it. I will call them and find out who makes that special harness when I get a chance.
mods: tinted windows (mirror to black), silver headlamp covers, 2 12in pioneer premiers, pioneer prmier cd/mp3 player, alarm system with car montioring and pager,CAI and thermostat, blue stripes, blue badging. Look for a quick hp increase.