Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78281 - 11/13/02 01:13 PM car stalls
ajdamac Offline
Loc: Kansas City, MO
when i start my car up on a warm start sometimes the rpm will rev up and i give it a little gas to keep it from stalling then when i switch into gear it will sometimes stall or the rpms will shot up to 2 or so. Im thinking it either my pcv or egr but it anyone has any ideas i would really like the help. also this wasnt happening when my dad had it 2 years ago but when i got it i put my system in so could it possibly my alternator.

thanks you
anthony
#78282 - 11/25/02 02:48 PM Re: car stalls
Littleman Offline
Loc: Alabama
Have any mods to this car? Electrical mods especially? It actually sounds like the mass air flow sensors or the temp sensor. To test the mass air flow is turn the car off and disconnect. The default SHOULD
#78283 - 11/25/02 02:50 PM Re: car stalls
Littleman Offline
Loc: Alabama
Have any mods to this car? Electrical mods especially? It actually sounds like the mass air flow sensors or the temp sensor. To test the mass air flow is turn the car off and disconnect. The default SHOULD be very high rev.
You should be able to rev some and get it to idle until it is warm. If you ever get it to idle, you can disconnect the battery when running and see if the car continues to run. (I don't adivse this though.
#78284 - 11/27/02 02:41 PM Re: car stalls
NMEone Offline
Loc: "WINDYCITY"
I agree with everyone as well but it '"could" be just a dirty fuel filter. Mine used to stall and it would try and suck more gas ( high spike in rev) and die. I change the fuel filter - reset the PCM.....EVERYTHING FINE and a cheap & do it yourself mod too laugh
#78285 - 11/27/02 08:50 PM Re: car stalls
ajdamac Offline
Loc: Kansas City, MO
all i have is a cone filter but i do know that my fuel filter is dirty and i also need to chane my pcv valve but its too cold now to start a project like that i gotta wait a few days and see if it will warm up