Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78481 - 12/10/06 07:29 PM front bumper questions.....RESPOND QUICK
guiltyox Offline
Loc: Charleston, SC
Im looking into a bumper conversion. I have the 2000 se model 1 bumper and i want to go to the model 2 bumper. I've been investigating and im confused as to why i cant just use a bumper cover? Whats the difference and will it fit? What exactly is a bumper cover? Your prompt reply is appreciated. Im planning on doing this veryyy soon. Will a bumper cover work? What all do i need in order for it to work? Also thinking about AE 077 series wheels, what size is good...i was thinkin 18's.
#78482 - 12/10/06 10:58 PM Re: front bumper questions.....RESPOND QUICK
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Yeah dude the bumper cover will work fine, its just the technical term for the bumper. But yeah its a pretty straight-forward swap, I did both front and back on my car. A few plastic pins, a few screws and there ya have it. You have to remove the headlights and foglights too, but they're 2 bolts apiece.

Oh and about the wheels, don't get the AE 077's because everyone does. Get something unique.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#78483 - 12/10/06 11:04 PM Re: front bumper questions.....RESPOND QUICK
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
get some foose rims. I love the look of the speedsters and the splitz. They arent cheap, I think they're selling the name more than the product, but either way. Remortgage your home and get the rims.