Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79318 - 02/21/03 10:14 AM Painting Dash
GtpRed Offline
Loc: MN
I have seen some people with their dash painted. Is this hard to do and what is involved? What kind of paint do you use? and does anyone have any pics that I could see? THanks in Advance! smile
#79319 - 02/21/03 10:42 AM Re: Painting Dash
03 Limited Edition Offline
Loc: Maryland
I have never tried this before, but there are several topics on the Club GP site, here is one that might interest you: Club GP Message Forum Dash Painting

Hope this helps!
#79320 - 02/22/03 12:47 AM Re: Painting Dash
satch Offline
Loc: Eastland Texas
i have had success painting a dashboard....the trick is in the prepwork...paint is only important if it's going to be out in the sun for very long...first..start by degreasing the dash by using ordinary dishsoap and a steel wool pad.(preferrably #0000)..then wipe with denatured alcohol(available at most hardware supply stores such as ACE) on a clean cotton cloth....finally make sure it is absolutely dry before you paint!..good luck
#79321 - 02/23/03 08:34 PM Re: Painting Dash
GtpRed Offline
Loc: MN
you got any pics of your work?! Thanks for the tips!
#79322 - 02/24/03 01:31 AM Re: Painting Dash
satch Offline
Loc: Eastland Texas
sorry ..no pics...the dash i painted was on my lowered 84 NISSAN pickup..that was 8 years ago and i sold my truck 3 years ago...i used primer..a base-coat of walmart gloss paint and a top-coat of ordinary gray trunk-coating..it lasted, never flaked or "orange-peeled"...however..you might want to use a top-coat of enamel clear-coat..just to be sure...remember to let the paint properly cure before applications...