Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79432 - 07/27/06 12:09 AM black outs stolen!!!
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
Loc: Bardstown, KY
well, it was a sad night tonight. it appears that i have been taken advantage of by a fellow GPer. i went to work this afternoon and someone there took the black outs off my car. i never take them off and when i was driving home, i got off at 11 pm, i noticed that the lights were exceptionally bright, so i hit the high beams and thing got brighter. right away i knew what had happened. got home and sure enough, no black outs. what a sad day, its bad enough that they were taken, but by someone i work with. whats up with that?? not so p.o.ed about having to buy new ones, its the fact that someone took them from me, if there is one thing that i hate its got to be a theif. i called work to have them check the cameras for me, but i parked in one of the two spots in the lot that the cameras cant see. i rarely ever park on that side of the parking lot, i usually park to the back where no one will give me a good ole door ding. oh well, guess s**t happens huh. but if i ever find out who did it, not only can they have the black outs, i also have a size 10 1/2 boot for them that i will be more than happy to strategically place!!
Silver 2000 GTP Coupe, ZZP 3" dp with U Bend delete, ZZP Whisper resonator now resonator delete because that thing fell apart, K&N cone filter, 180 T-stat, drilled/slotted rotors, calipers painted blue and a little touch of blue under the hood
#79433 - 07/27/06 12:15 AM Re: black outs stolen!!!
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Sorry about that, I had someone side swipped me while I was at the club before and had to replace the whole mirror and tweeter for almost two hundred dollars.
#79434 - 07/27/06 07:45 AM Re: black outs stolen!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
That sucks.
#79435 - 07/27/06 09:42 AM Re: black outs stolen!!!
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
fortunately it was something minor to replace, but its just the principal of the whole thing. would rather have someone come hit me square in the nose than take soemthing from me. and at work??
Silver 2000 GTP Coupe, ZZP 3" dp with U Bend delete, ZZP Whisper resonator now resonator delete because that thing fell apart, K&N cone filter, 180 T-stat, drilled/slotted rotors, calipers painted blue and a little touch of blue under the hood
#79436 - 07/27/06 10:20 AM Re: black outs stolen!!!
Chunkee Offline
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Yeah, that is total BS. Sorry it happened and even sorrier there are POS's out there who do it.

I honestly have a very short temper when it comes to someone messing with my car...it won't go pretty for whoever I see doing anything to it.

I once did a 12 hour stakeout around the corner of my house when we had a rash of eggs being thrown around the neighborhood. I eventually saw the jackass's coming, jumped in my SHO and sped after them (once they saw me going for the car and knew they were spotted (it was 3am), they tried to speed off). I caught them with ease, got the license plate number, called 911, and followed them until they eventually stopped, got out of their car and were going to rush me or something (three of them). I stepped out just as the cops pulled up...short story, they confessed and managed to get the most community service time sentance this county I live in ever gave, something like 5 years each...

To be honest, they were lucky the cops showed up when they did because I was totally ready to throw down at that point, had so much adreniline pumping I couldn't have felt pain if I got shot.

They turned out to be a fraternity at the local college just having fun..at others expense of course.

They had thrown eggs around the neighborhood for 4 weeks straight (weekends) without anyone knowing what was up. The reason I did this little excersize was because they hit the trunk of my SHO with an egg and it went into the third brake light and was impossible to clean, faded the light and everything, had to get a new one (50.00).

We haven't had any more incidents in the last 6 years smile
#79437 - 07/27/06 10:43 AM Re: black outs stolen!!!
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
I know exactly how you guys feel; I've no use for thieves other than target practice! devilgrin Just to show ya that some people will steal anything, think about this: The one time in 20 years we'd ever had a car stolen from our shop, it was a standard shift Yugo, with no steering wheel! The police recovered the car; it was in a beach parking lot about 3 miles away, with two pairs of Vise-grips clamped to the steering shaft. You have to be pretty hard up to swipe a Yugo! lol
#79438 - 07/27/06 01:40 PM Re: black outs stolen!!!
buggy2068 Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, MO
I once had a stereo stolen out of a Blazer I had. They busted the window (because I always lock my car) and ripped it out. The thing is that when I got home that evening I went all the way inside and realized that I had left my doors unlocked. After contemplating it for a few moments I decided to go lock them. If I would have just let them be, then I would have still had a window. Also, that was the only thing they took. I had left a camera, money, and a credit card in the truck. All they took was the stereo. The worst part about it was that the cops knew who was doing it. They said that they couldn't arrest anyone because they didn't have enough proof or some BS.
#79439 - 07/27/06 01:56 PM Re: black outs stolen!!!
Mr_GTPeanut Offline
i had another vehicle broken into at work a long time ago. they actually hit about 6 cars that night. at the time i had about $1500 or so in stereo equipment that i h ad just removed a few days earlier to redo it all. to kind of date myself, it was when Alpine just introduced the detachable face stereo. so anyway, just bouthg that stereo and had taken everything out but thestereo. they broke the sliding glass out of the back and because i had the faceplate to the stereo iin work with me, they jammed a screwdriver through it. they found a key that belonged to a friends car and tried to start the truck with it. other than that they just got some cd's, sunglasses, radar detector and a few other monor things. turns out that the guy who did it worked 2nd shift there, i worked 3rd, and got his buddies to come back with him after he got off work. i had a perfect thumbprint on the glass, but the cops told me there was no way they could prove anything with that, that the guy could have just touched my truck on the way through the parking lot. but the guys gf told me she would try to get some of my stuff back. never saw any of it. ended up just leaving that one alone cuz the guys stayed pretty well coked up at the time.
#79440 - 07/27/06 03:35 PM Re: black outs stolen!!!
1BAD97 Offline
Loc: Texas
I've never had anything stolen out of/off my car (except my rims one time, that was a LONG time ago). And i've left my windows down, doors unlocked, etc. on more than a few nights, and didn't realize it 'til the morning. I guess when everyone sees you walking around with a .45 under your left shoulder, they leave you alone. :shrug:
#79441 - 07/27/06 08:18 PM Re: black outs stolen!!!
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
My old truck got broken into while I was at work, my manager caught the person in the act and chased the guy in a car and he still got away after the cops got there! Got his finger prints and everything, but at the time I was working in south phoenix, and from the description of the guy he was prob an illigal... had about $3K worth of stereo equipment gone and about $600 in two broken windows, the driver side door window was about a hundred and then a little quarter pannel window was over $500!!! Needless to say, never got anything back and that was all out of my pocket frown
#79442 - 07/27/06 08:44 PM Re: black outs stolen!!!
Chunkee Offline
Loc: Charlotte, NC
ALways get the glass coverage from your insurance company, its a lousy 4-8 dollars more a month, worth every penny
#79443 - 07/27/06 09:09 PM Re: black outs stolen!!!
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
yep, found that out the hard way
#79444 - 07/28/06 12:55 AM Re: black outs stolen!!!
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Haha, yep, I've got only Liability and comprehensive, mine added $9 every six months!

'97 SE with alot of mods
#79445 - 07/28/06 01:54 AM Re: black outs stolen!!!
Crazy Eyes Offline
Loc: Peoria, AZ
Last semptember I had my $5500 stereo stolen.
2 12inch rockford T1 subs, Custom 1inch thick box, 2 rockford power BD1000's over clocked to produce 3000 watts each. 1 amp per sub. 1 rockford 700x four channel amp producing 1400 watts just to the interior, front and rear infinity componets mids and highs, pionear digital eq, about $700 in wirings, 3 1 farad caps,
all ran from the factory stereo. it produced 156db and pulled over 240amps. but there is a good side to the story. i mean a better side of the story. they did not brake anything when stealing it. and insuranced paid for $4800 of it.
MAP Intercooler, X-P hot cam, 1.6 comp cam pro magnum rockers, 105lbs springs, TI valve retainers, PRJ fuel rail, SLP Headers, WIZAIRD Cold Air Intake, Cat and u-bend delete, 3inch pacesetter exhaust, front and Rear GM Perf. Sway Bars, GM Perf. Rear Trailing Arms.
#79446 - 07/28/06 05:21 PM Re: black outs stolen!!!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Not too many GP's are running around with Headlight covers. Shouldnt be that hard to spot