Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79751 - 05/28/08 09:44 PM Window Problem
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i am having a problem with my windows not rolling down, the drivers one does but my pass and my rears do not any sugestions maybe the switch or is there any ideas
#79752 - 05/28/08 10:53 PM Re: Window Problem
notladstyle Offline
Loc: Tampa FL
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
i am having a problem with my windows not rolling down, the drivers one does but my pass and my rears do not any sugestions maybe the switch or is there any ideas
lockout button is on?
#79753 - 05/28/08 10:57 PM Re: Window Problem
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
nope ... shouldnt matter with the drivers control
#79754 - 05/29/08 08:30 AM Re: Window Problem
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
You could pull the door panels off unplug the motors put a meter on the lead activate the switch and look for 12 volts. If no power is there then the swithc is bad. Or you can look up the wire diagram on my robandcatsworld link in sig unplug the connector from the swithc in the drivers side door remove the blue locks push the wires out and rewire the bad window into the known good switch and see if that works. If they work with the good switch then you know you need a new master switch. Just besure to rewire your connector otherwise your lables will be all dorked up.
#79755 - 05/30/08 03:02 PM Re: Window Problem
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
our windows do the samething in our car too, sometimes one will work, and sometimes they all work.

if i hold down the button on the door that is doing it, and slam the door while holding the button down the window will all of a sudden start to go down. they will work fine for a while.

i'm not real sure what is the problem, but it seems like gp windows were problematic from the factory anyways.

the left rear did it so i took the door panel off to check on it, unplugged it, and plugged it back in and worked fine. later it quit again. that regulator broke, so i got one from ed and it does the samething. not really sure what the problem is.

if you figure it out, let me know smile
dhp 1.0