Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8002 - 08/26/05 03:25 PM Re: Brake pads
GillysGTPSS Offline
Loc: Gananoque, ON, Canada
Would a shaking in the steering wheel be an indicator of rotor wear then? Mine is starting to shake when I apply the brakes. Never had a squeaking noise though. If it is rotor wear would it be good just to turn them or replace them, I could justify crossed drilled to the wife laugh

CAI, Flowmaster 40s, Magnaflow cat, u-bend delete, Eibach springs, 16" American Racing rims way more to come
#8003 - 08/26/05 06:18 PM Re: Brake pads
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by GillysGTPSS:
Would a shaking in the steering wheel be an indicator of rotor wear then? Mine is starting to shake when I apply the brakes.
Yup. Warped rotors.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#8004 - 08/27/05 10:54 AM Re: Brake pads
BTC13 Offline
Loc: Neptune Beach, FL
Did rotors and pads on mine a few months back and it was quite easy. First non-mopar that I've done a break job on. If you are changing out pads only, it's very easy, the caliper does not have to be removed if you're changing pads only. On the mopars, the rotor has to be removed for a pad only job. If you're doing pads and rotors, the caliper will have to come off. Replaced my rotors when doing mine, so had to do the extra step of caliper removal. Most likely won't have to do this the next time I replace the pads. As for metalic vs ceramic, it's a personal choice. The metalic do put out more brake dust than ceramics, while ceramic tend to suffer more brake fade due to an inability to handle as much heat as metalic. I wash mine weekly, so the additional dust from metalics wasn't an issue for me.
1994 Ford Mustang
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby T II(putting back together)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2