Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#80095 - 11/07/02 06:36 PM Leaking trunk
LeoDas Offline
Loc: Crystal, MN
Well, my morning started with a dead battery. I revived my Optima redtop and all was well. I removed the fuse for all my amps just in case and went to work. Car started fine and went home to find out why my battery was dead in the morning, tore out all my stereo equipment and noticed my amp was wet and the trunk liner was wet to the touch. I then took out my spare tire (getting ready for a phat system install) and found the spare tire well filled to the top with water. I checked all my weather stripping and seals and everything is tight. Then I found the smoking gun, a few bolts that hold the spoiler on were tan with rust. I tightened all of them about a 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn to what I felt was "snug". Now is there sealant or anything under this spoiler before I tear it off, and don't have the parts to put it back on? I also notice my spoiler isn't very "flush" to the lid.

:rolleyes:
1999 Forest Green GTP, 3.4 pulley, Magnusen snout, Thrasher CAI, Mod PCM, Eibach Springs, Koni struts, Pods Tranny Temp/Boost, Optima Redtop Battery, Tranny Cooler, Borla Cat Back, Ubend removed, Blazertech 3200's,
#80096 - 11/07/02 10:54 PM Re: Leaking trunk
EVIL98GT Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
There should be like a foam stuff that is water tight under neath the spoiler,,kinda like your trunk gasket material...this is what i have found from installying a few spoilers before on cars,