Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#80938 - 12/25/04 10:10 AM Re: Just got full exhaust (-headers) put on. So now the ? is. DHP or Intense pcm?
bryanp Offline
Loc: Omaha
How much of a chp (not whp) increase would you expect to see from both units?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/684818
#80939 - 12/26/04 03:54 AM Re: Just got full exhaust (-headers) put on. So now the ? is. DHP or Intense pcm?
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
Quote:
hey jvojr, hoow much you want for that pcm that you said you still got 4 sale?
$195.00. That includes shipping. No core charge.
Jack

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP
#80940 - 12/26/04 04:21 AM Re: Just got full exhaust (-headers) put on. So now the ? is. DHP or Intense pcm?
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
Quote:
How much of a chp (not whp) increase would you expect to see from both units?
I would hate to get an answer like this, but, it depends on what other mods you have. If you have no mods at all, you might not see any. If you have all the mods in my sig, you might see 15 more on the DHP. I can't comment on the IPCM, but I would imagine something similar. It's really not the HP increase that makes these things worth it. The PCM lets you put more of the HP that you already have to the pavement, gives you better shift points, and helps to max out your mods.
Jack

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP
#80941 - 12/26/04 07:33 AM Re: Just got full exhaust (-headers) put on. So now the ? is. DHP or Intense pcm?
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
That about sums it up,for instance you will need higher shift points to take full advantage a cam swap or higher lift rockers,a lot of mods are like this they work in conjuntion with other mods.
#80942 - 12/26/04 11:16 AM Re: Just got full exhaust (-headers) put on. So now the ? is. DHP or Intense pcm?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
A PCM and 3.4 pulley will work very well together. If you want a PCM and you want to see/feel gains from it, and you have a GTP, get a 3.4 pulley to go along with the PCM. Do both, I'd suggest not doing one without the other.
I don't know what my car does with just the PCM, but I know when I put my pulley on with my stock PCM it would only pull off the line. As I would move closer to the top end it would start to fall off to not noticing any difference on the top end. When I got my PCM installed, WOW! It would pull all the way through the gears, not just at the bottom end.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#80943 - 12/26/04 03:45 PM Re: Just got full exhaust (-headers) put on. So now the ? is. DHP or Intense pcm?
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
Well I talked to both sets of guys at dhp and INTENSE and I gotta say INTENSE takes the cake. Spent about 2 weeks e-mailing back and forth (im very picky with my money) I gotta say, scott hooks it up. The PCM is great, even with my GT and minor mods I notice a big difference with anything over half throttle. As for the guy that was bashing people, I dunno if he works for DHP but they are a bit more professional than that, they just dont have the over the top customer service with a smile that INTENSE provides time and again. Every question or comment I had was efficiently and quickly anwsered to my satisfaction. Good stuff.
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2