Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#81009 - 03/06/03 10:08 AM Clear Corner!?
GtpRed Offline
Loc: MN
Has anyone done their own clear corners with their stock lights? How hard is this? What is the process? and do I have to buy different bulbs? Anyone got any pics of ones they have done themselves? Thanks in Advance
#81010 - 03/06/03 02:02 PM Re: Clear Corner!?
Adam15612 Offline
Loc: PA
I have the clear corners and I think they look great...I just bought new amber colored bulbs and they look good...

adam
Red 98 GTP
#81011 - 03/06/03 02:22 PM Re: Clear Corner!?
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
I have not heard of anyone doing their own as you have to rip the corner appart due to it being sealed. This is also another reason why some sellers will tell you to inspect and use silicone if a gap is discovered as those corners do not have warranty on water leakage. So far it has only been people who replaced them and then bought an amber bulb to comply with the code.
#81012 - 03/07/03 09:37 PM Re: Clear Corner!?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,
Check out this thread....Guy's do it themselves.
http://www.clubgp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14732&FORUM_ID=1&CAT_ID=1&Top
Later now,

http://pdxcgp.com
#81013 - 03/13/03 12:19 PM Re: Clear Corner!?
Clutch Offline
Loc: Aurora, MO
I did my own a while back, only drawback is some slight scratching/marring where the reflector meets the inside of the outer shell. I have never tried the boiling method, and probably never will.

What I did was took a skinny but decently long standard screwdriver and a rubber mallet. I stuck the screwdriver in through the sidemarker hold and lightly tapped the reflector until it busted. It doesn't bust into tiny pieces immediately, so you'll have to work at it a bit to get them completely out. I've heard of some people using a coat hanger and toilet paper to shove the paper between the reflector and outer shell to reduce some of the scratching, I wish now that I had went that way so I didn't get some of the scratches...

Also I went to Autozone and bought some "Jam Strait" 194 Amber sidemarker lights, they have 4 LED's on them and the resistors to keep them from flashing at the same time the front signal does. The reason I went with these is because they are clear when off. So with the clear corners, you don't have that little orange dot that incandescent amber bulbs have even when they're off.

Hope this helps!