Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83720 - 05/18/07 01:47 PM Re: another GTP
freindofa99GTP Offline
Loc: near Saginaw, MI
alright heres the update, we jacked it up yesterday and found that the previous owners threw a non-abs hub assembly on the car and zip-tied the wire to the control arm so it wouldnt hang under the car, thank you #%@%#$^!@*(^$!#**@. we changed the oil to RP 10W30, the supercharger oil wasnt in stock so thats coming in today or monday and i have a waste oil vacuum pump so i dont anticipate any issue there. We got a fuel filter for it however i dont think the old one had ever been replaced and the threaded end could NOT be removed by any natural means so he is going to buy a compression fitting some line and a flare nut so we can cut the filter out and patch a piece of line back in, if anybody knows what size line that is what type of flare etc...or has a better idea on how to replace it that would be helpful. the K&N drop in was clogged full of crap so i just blew that out with compressed air since hes getting a CAI or FWI for it we didnt bother doing the whole K&N re-charge thing. Does anyone on here know what is supposed to hold the pressure from bleeding off when the fuel pump isnt on, even with the car off the fuel system should be pressurized but when i disconnected the quick connect on the fuel filter no gas ran out. i am convinced that this is causing our hard starting issue, if the fuel pressure bleeds off all the way to the pump every time its turned off it has to prime the entire fuel system before it gets enough pressure to start the engine. There should be some sort of one-way check valve to keep the system pressurized but i have no idea where. That is all for now ill keep ya updated on more as we get there.
#83721 - 05/18/07 05:32 PM Re: another GTP
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
I'm not sure about the fuel problem, so for this I am sorry.

But they way you can tell if you have a new PCM is if you drive the car pretty hard to get it up to running temp, the radiator fans should run for about 30 seconds after you turn the car off. The stock GP's don't do that.
#83722 - 05/19/07 12:03 PM Re: another GTP
freindofa99GTP Offline
yea, it doesnt have one, he found out the easy way on some back road the other day
#83723 - 05/19/07 02:03 PM Re: another GTP
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
For the fuel line & fitting, clean off any rust and try spraying some PB Blaster on it, and let it soak a bit. A 5/8" or 16 mm flare wrench, and a 19 or 20 mm wrench for the filter. I'm guessing that filter is plugged up if it's been on a while. Recheck the pressure after you've changed it, and go from there. With the key on and the pump running, the pressure should be 48-55 psi. If the fuel system drops more than 5 psi in 10 minutes, check for leaks in one or more of the following areas: Fuel pump check valve, flex pipe (part of pump assembly), valve or valve seat in the fuel pressure regulator, fuel injectors. Inspect the fuel lines for leaks or obstructions as well. Good Luck! cheers
#83724 - 05/20/07 11:20 AM Re: another GTP
freindofa99GTP Offline
the fuel pump check valve is the type of thing i was waiting to hear. where is that located and how do i get to it?
#83725 - 05/20/07 01:21 PM Re: another GTP
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
My books aren't showing it as a separate piece: my guess is it's part of the fuel pump assembly in the fuel tank.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2