Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84578 - 03/05/06 11:39 PM FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
02GPGT Offline
Loc: Oregon, OH
Does anyone have this "FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System "?! if so... how effective is it... is it work the 19 bucks and will it fit my 2002 GP. Says it "fits most late model GM vehicles - 12mm x 1.75" dont want to buy it if it doesnt fit and isnt worth it.......

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
#84579 - 03/06/06 06:56 AM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
I purchased one from PFYC.com some while back and think it was worth it. It is not some grand huge change in your oil change procedure -- just a bit less mess. It works well for what it was designed to do.

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#84580 - 03/06/06 09:33 AM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I always wondered if that valve would stop leaking at some point, and if there were particles in the oil, would they clog the drain plug.

But I'm guessing you haven't had any bad experiences with either of those problems doberman?
#84581 - 03/06/06 11:50 AM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
gleasonl Offline
Loc: Atlanta, GA
It might be a decent system, but personally after looking at the filter reviews on (I think it was bobistheoilguy.com) I don't think that I will ever use Fram filters again. I would rather have a little bit more work if I am getting a better filter. That is why my car only gets a Purolator Pure one, Mobil one or Bosch filter.

After all, if you are spending the extra on the synthetic, you might as well go all the way.

Anyhow, that is my 2cents for what it is worth.

Lance
#84582 - 03/06/06 12:44 PM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
UMfan Offline
gleason, it's not a fram filter, it's this:

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Sc...ry_Code=GPUNDER
#84583 - 03/06/06 02:51 PM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
gleasonl Offline
Loc: Atlanta, GA
oh, right. I thought I saw one of their filter setups for this kind of thing. Personally I don't see the point in this since the oil pan is pretty easy to get to on these cars, but hey, what do I know.....looks like more trouble than it is worth. By the way, what kind of wax did you use on your car before you snapped your photo?

Lance
#84584 - 03/06/06 03:39 PM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
I always wondered if that valve would stop leaking at some point, and if there were particles in the oil, would they clog the drain plug.

But I'm guessing you haven't had any bad experiences with either of those problems doberman?
No problems with it as of yet, and I've had it on there for close to a year. After it being on for roughly six months I removed the drain plug to clean it out but was surprised as it wasn't clogged on the inside.

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#84585 - 03/07/06 12:04 AM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by gleasonl:
oh, right. I thought I saw one of their filter setups for this kind of thing. Personally I don't see the point in this since the oil pan is pretty easy to get to on these cars, but hey, what do I know.....looks like more trouble than it is worth. By the way, what kind of wax did you use on your car before you snapped your photo?

Lance
I believe at the time of that photo I just used regular turtle wax. I don't use expensive products.
#84586 - 03/08/06 01:30 PM Re: FRAM SureDRAIN Fast Access Oil Change System
shpetimq Offline
Loc: Paramus, NJ
Please note that I always use the Zymol cleaner wax since I bought my new '00 GP and it's only $12.95. It's not that expensive but it works great on the body. I never use the expensive product like 19.99 or more.