Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84988 - 08/24/05 03:13 AM BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
flyinginagt Offline
Loc: indiana
i hate to say it but im getting rid of the grand prix! frown but with the money i get from the grand prix im going up to the auburn cord duesmburg auction and get to bid on any vehicle i want within the price range of what the grand prix sold for!! i know many of u have heard of this auction! i mean come on its internationally known!! but neone have any suggestions on what car i should be looking for? i thought about maybe a 1970 chevy chevelle ss with a 454 and a 400 turbo tans? or a gto judge? hammer but thanx for the advice and opinins
#84989 - 08/24/05 07:18 AM Re: BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
Hey, I went to that auction last year when I was in Indiana visiting my cousin who lives there. That auction is really awesome, I didn't get to bid on anything because I was only 17 and didn't have enough money anyway, but I got lots of pictures and had an awesome time there.

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.
#84990 - 08/24/05 07:42 AM Re: BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Good luck.
#84991 - 08/24/05 10:18 AM Re: BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Hope you get something you want!
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#84992 - 08/24/05 04:05 PM Re: BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
flyinginagt Offline
yea i hope too, i only live about 20 min away from that auction and i try to go every year. ive been goin ever since i was 12 and no im 19 so ive seen my share of classic cars and what people do to them and wow alot of money goes into those hot rods! but ne advice on what kind ruled back then?
#84993 - 08/24/05 08:11 PM Re: BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by flyinginagt:
i hate to say it but im getting rid of the grand prix! frown but with the money i get from the grand prix im going up to the auburn cord duesmburg auction and get to bid on any vehicle i want within the price range of what the grand prix sold for!! i know many of u have heard of this auction! i mean come on its internationally known!! but neone have any suggestions on what car i should be looking for? i thought about maybe a 1970 chevy chevelle ss with a 454 and a 400 turbo tans? or a gto judge? hammer but thanx for the advice and opinins
Hope you have a fat wallet to fill up with gas everyday.
And a GTO Judge..........is your GP gold plated?
#84994 - 08/24/05 08:23 PM Re: BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
flyinginagt Offline
i know bout the gas thats the only thing im worried about and what do u mean by gold plated?
#84995 - 08/24/05 09:17 PM Re: BAD BUT GOOD NEWZ
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
What he's saying is your only gonna get 6-9k for your current ride and you want to go to an auction and pick up a restored classic such as a 454 powered Chevelle or a Judge. Your looking at a minimum of 30k for an amature restored car. So please don't get your hopes up but good luck in your search.

Here's someplace you can look to see just how much those cars are going for.

http://ww2.collectorcartraderonline.com/searchresults.php

If your that set on one of the Muscle machines from back then I would suggest getting a 70 Le mans and cloning the GTO Judge. You'd get the same attention that your looking for for less then half the cost of the real thing.