Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85561 - 05/08/03 02:55 PM Rear Speaker Removal
He&She Offline
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Greetings all. I blew a rear speaker in our 2000 GP mad . What I need to do is remove it. I can see a large toungue tab that releases the front, but just a 1/2 or so. I also see two slides that hold in the rear side. I cannot see anything else. PLEASE HELP!!! I NEED MY TUNES!!!!
#85562 - 05/09/03 12:27 AM Re: Rear Speaker Removal
Sgt Combs Offline
Loc: Roseburg, OR
Hey, I replaced my rear speakers and this is how you do it. You have to remove the whole carpeted panel, not just the speaker covers.

1. In the back seat you have to remove the
Seat-back portion of the seat. There are 2
U-shaped hooks are holding it on. (Lift on both sides and pull up and out) If you are not sure what I am talking about you can crawl in your trunk and in the very back top right and left corners you will see the hooks holding the seat back on.

2. Next you have to remove the top carpeted panel that is covering the speakers (the Whole thing) there are bolt and screws holding it down. After you remove this it is pretty self-explanatory.

It really is not that hard. Just need about 45 min and little patients. =D

Have fun

Later
laugh
#85563 - 05/10/03 04:56 PM Re: Rear Speaker Removal
He&She Offline
Hey Sarge,

Thanks for info. But ya know..the damn thing started to work again!! confused I'll probably swap speakers anyway, but I'll wait until it re-appears. The days of contorting my back and/or scrapping my knuckles are a few years behind cool

I'll just enjoy a few rides with the 'She' part of us. When we get the special plates on the car, I'll post a pic of her. Yea..the car too!! laugh

Thanks again... wink
#85564 - 05/15/03 08:12 PM Re: Rear Speaker Removal
gary Offline
Loc: San Diego
SGT COMBS SEZ: You have to remove the whole carpeted panel, not just the speaker covers.

I LAMENT: Whatever happened to the days when you simply went into the trunk, pulled off the speaker wires, removed the 4 nuts holding each speaker in place, and intstalled the new speaker(s) in reverse order steps?
#85565 - 05/15/03 08:30 PM Re: Rear Speaker Removal
He&She Offline
Ahh Gary. Those days went out with the 8-track, and the $5000(new)GP. I'll crawl back there. Sooner or later. I just hate having ghosts devileek . And with my luck, the thing will finally crap out 4 good..right in the middle of a roadtrip. banghead
#85566 - 05/19/03 10:15 AM Re: Rear Speaker Removal
gary Offline
Loc: San Diego
HE&SHE SEZ: Ahh Gary. Those days went out with the 8-track, and the $5000(new)GP.

I RETORT: You don't even want to hear about the days when you could get a brand new Mustang (stripped model, of course) for under $2000. Wasn't really that long ago (or was it). Mid-to-late 60's.

Here's one that'll burn your cork (in the day of the $20K+ automobile). Most cars still cost only about $5-7K to manufacture (and that includes manufacturing overhead and shipping). The rest is profit, lawsuit coverage, advertising, etc. When the manufacturer ships his cars, he insures them for replacement cost (that's all the insurance company will allow). That replacement cost is the $5-7K he's allowed to insure for.

When the dealer cries crododile tears that he's not making any money on the car he's selling you for $100 above invoice, he's really making at least $3000 on the sale (after all the kickbacks, etc).
#85567 - 05/20/03 10:15 AM Re: Rear Speaker Removal
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
Pretty horrible, eh? considering that all these great deals that are now on the market are still making the companyies tonnes of cash. notontopic The only manufacturer I feel sorry about is Mazda. They do not have a plant in North America and a few years ago a shipment of 2000 cars went down somewhere in the Pacific...auch banghead . But they are now building one. Have you read the Time magazine's article about car manufacturers and how the Big Three are falling being Nissan, Honda, Toyota and Mazda? Whatever you say about Jap cars, their manufacturers are able to incorporate efficiency lessons quicker. If GM had learned that lesson earlier then how cool it would be to have a 350 hp GTP that burns 35 mpg on highway and 28 in city. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet laugh