Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86553 - 06/18/05 11:12 PM I gotta stop doin this to myself
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
why oh why do I evn torment myself like this...I looked at a 02 SSEi...black, chrome wheels, leather,HUD, sunroof...oh geez, the whole 9 yards!...it has 36k on it and they're asking $15k...i dont know what kind of trade they would give me but if its anything like the kelley blue book thing on Yahoo, its gonna leave me a little upside down (since I've only had mine for a little over a year)...I guess I just keep looking at how much I'm probably gonna wind up spending on mine on mods and that total gets pretty big...this car has most all that in place already (ya still gotta do the little things...I've ALWAYS done those)...plus there's really nothing I'd change on the body except maybe a ram air hood...I dunno...I really like the T-Bat but this is a double tuff car too...I seem to be drawn to these things like a magnet, and it doesnt even make sense to think about owning both of them (cant afford that anyways)
AARRRGH! banghead Am I alone here does anyone else have these kind of issues?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#86554 - 06/18/05 11:50 PM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Don't go near the light! crazy

My wife told me the other day that she might be thinking about getting rid of her truck and buying something a little less expensive to own and operate. She said she might be interested in a Honda.
I thought about trying to get her in a GP, but it's her choice as to what she wants to get.
I can start to feel the mod bug itch again.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#86555 - 06/19/05 12:01 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

A Honda????........

http://pdxcgp.com
#86556 - 06/19/05 12:04 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
AustinGTP Offline
She wouldn't let me touch it anyways.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#86557 - 06/19/05 01:31 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
I'm in that position too, except I'm wanting to get a GTP. It's REALLY hard in my position though, considering I'm only 18, insurance would be a killer, and plus I'd have to pay payemnts on it... A $7 an hour part time grocery job isn't gonna cover all that and still be able to buy premium gas and food. frown

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.
#86558 - 06/19/05 02:03 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I've still got 2 more years before my GTP is paid off. I'm over halfway there though. :p
#86559 - 06/19/05 08:46 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Tbat I too have looked at those SSEI's. My family needs a little bigger car but I think I can wait till the new G8 comes out with that V8. I'm getting rid of my truck and the GP is staying!!
#86560 - 06/19/05 09:26 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
I've still got 2 more years before my GTP is paid off. I'm over halfway there though. :p
Me too! laugh

#86561 - 06/19/05 09:40 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
SSEi has too much plastic. And it's slower than the GTP.
#86562 - 06/19/05 09:41 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
HercMan(Rob) Offline
But it fits a family of five so much better smile
#86563 - 06/19/05 10:03 AM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I only occasionally need the back seat so the extra room is really not an issue with me...I have to admit the front seat is much more comfy and roomy and I love the layout of the interior as well (probably because it is so close to mine but just a little different...and I dig that key switch on the dash)...and it might be slower than a GTP but I'm sure in its present unmodded form it would smoke my GT...theres a guy over at BonnevilleClub forums that has one running in the 12s and thats haulin butt in any language...I'll most likely wind up just sitting tight where I am cuz I really dont want a bigger car payment than I already have (but I hear it calling to me in the night)...sometimes being a carguy is as much a curse as it is blessing.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#86564 - 06/19/05 12:09 PM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
99GT2dr Offline
Loc: Copperas Cove, TX
Actually, in stock form, the SSEI's are good matches for stock GPGT's. They run high 15's because they're so damn heavy. And nad, why not just do an L67 swap? It'll cost a lot less than getting a GTP, and you get the same power and better gears if you keep your trans and get a custom PCM done.
#86565 - 06/19/05 12:35 PM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by 99GT2dr:
Actually, in stock form, the SSEI's are good matches for stock GPGT's. They run high 15's because they're so damn heavy. And nad, why not just do an L67 swap? It'll cost a lot less than getting a GTP, and you get the same power and better gears if you keep your trans and get a custom PCM done.
Becuase you miss out on the DIC, suspensions, and HD tranny.

Plus, he just did his first oil change, I don't think engine swapping is in the near future, it would cost too much money to have a shop do it.

The only practical purpose of an engine swap is a project car that you don't need reliability out of. Also, would you really swap out a V6 for a....V6?

Other than that, I have no strong opinions on the subject.
#86566 - 06/19/05 05:47 PM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
99GT2dr Offline
Loc: Copperas Cove, TX
Quote:
Becuase you miss out on the DIC, suspensions, and HD tranny.
DIC can be bought and put into a GT relatively easy, if you really want it. Not sure what you mean by suspensions, but no. And the HD tranny, all you need is the diff, diff case, and pass. axle to make a non-hd trans an HD trans, plus you get 3.29's rather than 2.93's (3.29's much better)

Quote:
The only practical purpose of an engine swap is a project car that you don't need reliability out of. Also, would you really swap out a V6 for a....V6?
Huh? Who's telling you this stuff? Why would your car have to be a "project car" in order to do a motor swap into it? Why would it be any less reliable, when you can change all the gaskets/seals before it goes in? Along with anything else you want (cam, springs, etc.).

And would you really swap out a V6 for a V6, WTF!? OF COURSE! Maybe you've heard of L67swap.com, probably not though. What other motor swaps are available for GP's, besides LS1 swaps, only one guy has done that. What nad is talking about is swapping an ENTIRE CAR for another V6, so why not keep your car, your old motor, your current ins. and car payments (if any) and have the power you want? He would probably lose THOUSANDS getting a GTP, just to have the same M90 that you would have doing an L67 swap, or even the ASS M90 kit from ZZP.

Didn't know he just did his first oil change, but if there's a local ClubGP in your area i'm sure you could get help from experienced people. I pulled my motor by myself in 6 hours, with help it's WAY easier. Keep your GT man, there's a LOT of stuff you can do to it. Maybe you heard of Pector55 on clubgp, he's making over 400 WHP in his CSC'ed GT, 12.2 @ 111.
#86567 - 06/19/05 06:52 PM Re: I gotta stop doin this to myself
HercMan(Rob) Offline
What he's getting at is after it's all said and done it's cheaper and easier to trade in the GT for a GTP if your going to swap engines. If a project car is in order then do something else like the turbo mod.