Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86601 - 06/08/08 08:01 PM any ways to remove this?
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I washed my car about 4 hours ago. I was hoping it might take it out but it doesn't work out.

I really have lazy ass body shop. They didn't clean their mess. There are dry white wax all around the fender, hood, bumper and my front wheels. Fender and bumper look good but hood and wheel didn't work out well. Man, I can't believe their wax did cause lot of damage/couldn't remove than my own wax.

The hood look like it is working with water but it is still coming back. Any idea how to remove it? Is that too late for that and it already stuck in sunny around 90 temp? It was already there when I got car from body shop. I did remove that on same day but it doesn't work out. My dad told me just wash it this weekend and it will gone. Well, it is not gone this time.

The wheel... boy I'm really piss off if it won't remove. I have it for month and now it is ruined. Any idea too?

It looks like I have to take it back and tell body shop you f**ked it up.

#86602 - 06/08/08 08:11 PM Re: any ways to remove this?
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Maybe go over it with a cleaner wax?
And for the wheels, try using Meguire's Hot Rims (read the directions, it can damage wheels).
#86603 - 06/08/08 08:40 PM Re: any ways to remove this?
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
that hood doesn't look like it's painted well...

you can get a polish for the wheels and that should all go away...

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#86604 - 06/08/08 09:10 PM Re: any ways to remove this?
palsut Offline
Yep the hood paint didn't paint well. I clean it with wax cleaner. Nothing work. I can feel it on my finger nail so paint is suck. Geez, I thought I'm finally get away from them.

Also the rim cleaner too. Nothing work. I don't have polish stuff but I'm taking it to body shop tomorrow for start over again. I will tell them you made mess on my front wheels too. It is hard to noticed but I can see it close. Not great day for my summer car. I want to drive it on nice day but I never get my chance frown
#86605 - 06/08/08 09:39 PM Re: any ways to remove this?
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Mothers powerball and any aluminum polish will work wonders. I think we have had this discussion before, but if those are non clear coated polished aluminum wheels, you will need to stay on top of them with polish. Any aluminum polish will work well to bring back the shine and get rid of the marks, but you will have to work at it a few minutes, then protect with a product like Rejex or Eagle One nano polish. The nano polish WILL NOT take off any marks or haze, it is basically for protection IMO. But I have tried both, and gave my Nano away after using Rejex. One more thing, once they are cleaned and polished, use the same car wash soap and bucket to clean them, the store bought cleaners will strip the polish off, even though they say "safe for all wheels". Yes they are safe for the wheels, but not the polish.

03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#86606 - 06/08/08 10:41 PM Re: any ways to remove this?
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Thats looks like overspray, I had that once when my hood was painted over and use this stuff called Turtle wax rubbing compound in a green bottle and the dodge charger was on the front of the bottle. It cleared my spots up, maybe give this a try, its like 5-7 dollars.

Far as the wheels, I don't know about that since you have chrome but Im pretty sure theres something for the wheels.
#86607 - 06/09/08 10:17 AM Re: any ways to remove this?
palsut Offline
Body shop told me it is fresh paint so let it sit for 2 weeks then we will buff it out. :rolleyes:

About wheel, I will have to try that.
#86608 - 06/15/08 01:37 PM Re: any ways to remove this?
palsut Offline
Aluminum polish is work. It is gone when I post this picture on topic but I went to home and chill down. It is so hot outside around 90. Yes, I'm pussy lol I plan to do lot of work next weekend for car show on June 22nd.