Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86626 - 11/30/04 09:08 PM Just to share my stupidity... ;)
Canadian GTP Offline
Loc: Edmonton Alberta
Normally I would not bring attention to my intellectual deficiencies however I thought some would get a chuckle out of this and I will put my pride aside for one post wink

When I bought my car, my AVG ECON read 11.5. (Kilometers) Which seemed low and I figured the sales guys were having some fun with my car before I bought it. As I started to drive it, It went up around 12.5 - 13. As I started modding the car, fearful of making the mileage worse, I kept an eye on the AVG ECON. Much to my surprise as I added more and more mods it began to rise, averaging from 12 up to 14 / 14.5 Which i though was pretty good considering I was modding the car and driving it harder during testing of the mods etc..

Well after putting on my Flowmasters, It went from averaging 13.5 - 14 down to 11.5 - 12. Which really bothered me as it really made no sense. So I set out tonight to drive down a stretch of road, as conservative as possible to see what was happening. As I did I went from 12.5 down to 11.1. I just didn't get it, why would I get worse mileage the slower and more conservative that I drove???

Then It dawned on me. All my life I've read mileage as MPG. So without even thinking about it, I just assumed my metric labeled car was KPL (Kilometers Per Litre - the relational conversion). But in fact it is L/100K (Litres per 100 Kilometers) which in turn means the lower the number, the more efficient the car is (11.5 L/100K roughly equates to about 20 MPG). So in fact When i bought the car, the previous owner babied the car, and my mods (well, actually the driving testing the mods) were understandably ruining my mileage. hahaha

But one thing of interest here, is there was a definate increase in efficiency with the Flowmasters over the stock exhaust. Now I feel better about that low number wink

Cheers All!!! - Thanks for the GP Support!!!

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#86627 - 11/30/04 09:29 PM Re: Just to share my stupidity... ;)
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
OHHHH god I feel for you. funny thing was i saw stupidity and canadian in the same topic............Just playing. I noticed this on my 98 gt as well.
#86628 - 12/01/04 09:23 AM Re: Just to share my stupidity... ;)
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
OHHHH god I feel for you. funny thing was i saw stupidity and canadian in the same topic............Just playing. I noticed this on my 98 gt as well.
You sayin that all that snow gives us brain freeze? crazy
#86629 - 12/01/04 09:55 AM Re: Just to share my stupidity... ;)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Good one smile
#86630 - 12/01/04 04:10 PM Re: Just to share my stupidity... ;)
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
You sayin that all that snow gives us brain freeze? cheers just a friendly joke. The good thing about most americans and canadians is they have the ability to take jokes.