Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87084 - 01/04/06 06:51 PM Body kit question
stevenGTP Offline
Loc: Ohio
Hi

I had recently gone into sort of a ditch and my front end has a couple minor problems and I have decided to just purchase a body kit if I'm going to spend the money on it.

I have a crack around where the license plate is (under the top grills). I am wondering if body kits replace that piece or not?

This one from www.grounddynamics.com is the one I am in particular looking at.
#87085 - 01/04/06 07:06 PM Re: Body kit question
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yes they do.

I didn't look at the site to review the product but if its fiberglass I'd stay away from it. You'll be disapointed in no time short. If its Urathane then go for it. Me personally have not seen a kit yet that looks good on the GP. I'd take that money and by a new stock facia.
#87086 - 01/04/06 08:20 PM Re: Body kit question
stevenGTP Offline
Why do you think I would be disappointed? Here is another kit I was looking also looking at.
#87087 - 01/04/06 11:23 PM Re: Body kit question
northtnguy Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
I think you'd be disappointed if it was fiberglass, too. That thing couldn't be more than a few inches off the ground and fiberglass is awfully hard ... no give to it at all.
Think of all the things that could crack it or knock chunks out of it ... speed humps, entrances to driveways or parking lots. All of those would just about ruin it in no time. eek

(just my .02)

Don

Quote:
Originally posted by stevenGTP:
Why do you think I would be disappointed? Here is another kit I was looking also looking at.
#87088 - 01/05/06 10:42 PM Re: Body kit question
stevenGTP Offline
Does anyone know of any body kits that are urethane? I'm curious to look around and I haven't seen any yet from google, ebay, and a few other websites, although I haven't done a thorough search yet
#87089 - 01/06/06 03:13 AM Re: Body kit question
psuGTP Offline
Loc: Warminster, PA
so your stock front end got ruined by a ditch and you decide to go with something lower. that really doesnt make much sense to me...
#87090 - 01/06/06 08:13 AM Re: Body kit question
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I think there is one kit out there that is urathane but I'm not sure which one. I'd go puruse the appearance threads at clubgp.com and see what you can dig up for info. I believe everyone on here has some kind of stock facia.

But yes the fiberglass ones are very suseptable to damage. Once it cracks its all over. And it doesn't take much to crack em.
#87091 - 01/06/06 12:16 PM Re: Body kit question
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Just as an opinion,

I think the stock front of the GP's is one of the most beautiful fronts between a lot of cars.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------