Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87186 - 11/30/08 07:57 PM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
old school cragars lol
You can't get them in the proper offset unfortunately.
#87187 - 11/30/08 09:51 PM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
[b] old school cragars lol
You can't get them in the proper offset unfortunately. [/b][/QUO

well thats stupid banghead

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#87188 - 11/30/08 11:24 PM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
20gtp02 Offline
Contact Foose!

#87189 - 12/01/08 01:08 AM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Oh trust me, wheels in certain styles and offsets can be had if you dont mind paying the big bucks. Centerline will custom supply you a set of wheels in specific offsets, but they go for $300 per wheel and UP...(way the heck up)

Bullitts are about as close to old school Cragars as you can get but they dont come in 15s either.

I have couple phone calls to make today after I get off work. I'm gonna talk to OE Wheels and the guy in Baltimore who sells the Weld Rodlites.

I let the two eBay auctions expire since I took ordonez's advice and did a quick chop and the mustang rims looked even less appealing that the first Jeep wheels I looked at so that option is off the table.
I've had another good week at work and most all my Xmas shopping is done so I may consider a more expensive set.

Oh and Redgie, can we say I've reached my "Buick years"?...especially since Oldsmobile is dead frown

I should have more info when I come back to work tonite...thanks for everyones input thumbsup

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#87190 - 12/02/08 03:31 AM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
ThunderBat Offline
I spoke with the guy at OE Wheels today and worked out return of the Jeep wheels.

Then I called Jim's Racing Tires in Baltimore and I gotta tell ya this old guy was real ripper. 79 years old and still kicking everyday...he has been a distributor for Weld wheels for 20+ years. He was completely on board with what I was trying to do with my car. He even went into the warehouse while i was on the phone with him to see if the wheels in question had a shoulder behind the spokes to clear my brake calipers. he offered to send me one wheel so I can dry fit for clearance...if it works out he will send me the other three w/lugs included and shipped free. I call that an old school wheel man. So I have one Rodlite in transit which I hope to get in the next couple days. I sure hope this fits like I hope it will cuz I love the look of these wheels despite their price. Then again I paid that much for the Bullitts when I purchased them so I guess you still gotta pay to play.

I'll try and grab a couple pics of the Rodlite dry fit if things work out.

#87191 - 12/02/08 07:27 AM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Gotta love the old guys who know their business.

When I had my 63 Nova I was at Hot August Nights in Reno and I blew a power steering line. It was a funky line with two different size fittings. All the parts stores didn't have what I needed. After some driving around in a cousins 49 ford we came across a hydraulic shop and I figuered might as well have one made. Went inside this old codger was on lunch break so we procedded to chit chat while he ate his lunch. When he was finished with his sandwich he took one glance at the line in question (all of two secs) walked down a row of shelves bent down to the bottom shelf pulled a line off the shelf and said here you can have this one for $20. It was an exact match for what I needed. No computer, no part number, no location number just a random part on a random shelf and he walked right to it like he sold them every day. I was amazed.
#87192 - 12/02/08 09:21 AM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
Richard Candelario Offline
THAT, Tim and Bob, is TRUE Roddin'! I sure hope to find my way into those circles eventually.

Hope the rim does work out. Hammer down, good buddy!

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#87193 - 12/02/08 09:23 AM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
ThunderBat Offline
I'd love to go to Hot August Nights...I've seen pics...it looks like an awesome event.

and yeah, ya gottalove guys like that...I hope I'm still kickin cars like he is when I'm 79 cool
(but he did say his son handles "all that internet stuff" lol )

#87194 - 12/02/08 09:41 AM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
HercMan(Rob) Offline
It's a blast. Old cars have the run of the town. Newer cars iirc the cut off was 20 years have to park and walk.
#87195 - 12/02/08 10:57 AM Re: 15 inch mustang wheel
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
My car is inching closer to that 20 year old mark!

Glad you got some help, Tim! The only way to really tell is to dry fit, I'm glad someone showed some compassion!