Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88230 - 05/11/08 08:20 PM Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Nice-Try* Offline
Loc: Kitchener, Ontario
Well I have one for all the GP junkies.

Its starts with the Tranny... it will not go into 1st trans just does not start in first then when you get up to speed it will not go into drive, at the same time the DIC acts up going on and off..Airbag, ABS, TC lights flashing. I stop the car turn it off let sit for a second and then all is good back to normal!
Now this has happed to me 3 times in the last 2 months.. but no other real issues.
Any thoughts before I go pullin wiring harness and the BCM ??
Thx in advance
#88231 - 05/12/08 08:25 PM Re: Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Nice-Try* Offline
Loc: Kitchener, Ontario
Wow not even one reply frown
Might be thinkin something to do with ignition switch! Any one hear of this??
#88232 - 05/12/08 09:04 PM Re: Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
never heard of anything remotely like it...I'm stumped...I would say carry it to someone reputable and have the car scanned. Sounds like short of some kind. I know my sisters Intrepid went screwy after she ran thru some high water. Hers turned out to be a tranny module.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#88233 - 05/13/08 08:03 AM Re: Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2phast Offline
Loc: New York
i agree with above get it scanned from a shop or autozone they might b able to tell you whats up
K&N cold air intake
lowerd
FAST
#88234 - 05/13/08 11:07 AM Re: Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20gtp02 Offline
I was going to say ignition switch, but not sure if I recall that being tranny related too.
Try a search for ignition switch on here and see if you get the same symptoms.
Try getting a scan too.

#88235 - 05/13/08 12:00 PM Re: Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I was leaning on ignition switch as well only cause of the weird electrical problems that come with it.
#88236 - 05/13/08 03:26 PM Re: Issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lizardthing88 Offline
Loc: Cincinnati
A few years back i had been in an accident (low speed @ 10mph) and i was gaucking at accident as i passed and as i looked forward a jacked up Bronco 2 stopped and i ran into the back of him and my brother who was following me ran into me. I was the filling in a Ford samwich. Anyway long story short. When I got my car back,everytime i would turn on the left turn signal *Poof* the car would just die,complete electrical failure. Drove me crazy and ended up taking it to the dealer. My Viper alarm, which i installed at my buddy's stereo shop, somehow was the culprit. $450 later and new wiring harnass with alarm disconnected it was fine. When I made my connections I just stripped some insulation off the wire, seperated the strands in two equal sections, slid the tapped wire through and made a Western Union splice with solder. Hard to belienve that was the problem becase the alarm had worked fine for years. ? Guess i'll tell ya to check wiring harnasses and grounds.