Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8846 - 12/16/05 03:30 PM New Radiator
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Yesterday i bought the new radiator and it is now set up, this is another step to the final exsorcism!!!

Now i'll wait to see what they broke while installing it. Oh!!! new Brake PAds too, so maybe i'll have some problems over there.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#8847 - 12/16/05 03:43 PM Re: New Radiator
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Alex.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#8848 - 12/20/05 02:09 PM Re: New Radiator
Alex Offline
Thanks Framos,

Well it seems the radiator is working great, my temp is lower than usually with the old one, the brake pads are OK, now i used to have a small leak on the steering pump, but now is bigger, i'll check it this days.

Now, the new theory of my mechanic about my tranny hesitation is that my upper mounts are worn, and it is ture they are worn, i've read some topics about changing just the rubber. Well my question is, this worn mounts can really affect the tranny performance?, the engine hesitates when shifting, and this is more when it is cold.

Thanks

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#8849 - 12/20/05 02:30 PM Re: New Radiator
framos242 Offline
Check the steering pump.

Yes, change the tranny mounts.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

#8850 - 12/20/05 02:38 PM Re: New Radiator
Alex Offline
Ok.

Framos...you're sharp today... cheers

#8851 - 12/20/05 07:45 PM Re: New Radiator
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Who ever installed your tranny shoulda noticed that the mounts were worn.
#8852 - 12/23/05 11:36 AM Re: New Radiator
Alex Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Who ever installed your tranny shoulda noticed that the mounts were worn.
He noticed the low mounts and i buy them, but not this dog bones, that how you call the upper ones right??

#8853 - 12/23/05 01:46 PM Re: New Radiator
HercMan(Rob) Offline
The dog bones are the two mounts that go from the core support to the motor.
#8854 - 12/23/05 01:52 PM Re: New Radiator
Alex Offline
Thanks Herc, but it is neccesary to buy the whole piece?, i mean the rubber and the metal?, or can i just find the rubber and insert it??
I saw the part number and it seems the whole piece

#8855 - 12/23/05 02:10 PM Re: New Radiator
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Yes you can buy just the bushings. You can get either the standard rubber or an upgrade to Poly. Be warned with the Poly you might have a little more vibration inside the cab. But you gain a little performance out of it because you are putting more power to the wheels instead of trying to twist the motor out of it's mounts.
#8856 - 12/23/05 02:24 PM Re: New Radiator
Alex Offline
Ok, i'll see if i can find the standard or the upgrade this side of the Bravo River!!

Alex

#8857 - 12/23/05 05:13 PM Re: New Radiator
framos242 Offline
Alex,

I would suggest the Poly mounts. Herc is right about the vibration inside the cabin. But, it'll be worth it. Come this spring, I'll change them to Poly mounts.