Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#89131 - 03/28/07 03:06 AM JET Performance Module
GT3 Offline
Loc: Cleveland
So, has any body in here tried this thing? I'm interested in getting it, and would like to see if people have experience with it. I can't seem to find a definate answer anywhere, whether or not it disengages the top speed limiter at 105 MPH. That's the main reason I want the chip, the extra little boost in power is a bonus. Installation seems simple enough, just need to find a good hole, through the firewall, and make a few electrical connections. Thanks for any comments.
#89132 - 03/28/07 06:59 AM Re: JET Performance Module
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Only way to remove the speed limiter is to have the PCM reprogramed.
#89133 - 03/28/07 09:42 AM Re: JET Performance Module
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
For $260 you're better off getting a PCM from zzperformance.com.

Where are you from in Cleveland?
#89134 - 03/28/07 09:46 AM Re: JET Performance Module
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i dont even know what this is...im assuming its one of those e-bay chips. Save your money, it is a scam. We dont have interchangable "chips" we have PCM's (powertrain control module) in our cars. There are many company's you can get an upgraded PCM. DHP v1.0, ZZP, Overkill. And each one of these will remove the speed limiter and do many other things like

Speed limiter removed
Raised rev limiter
Raised shift points
3-1 and 4-2 skip shifts
Transmission line pressure increased
185F fan turn on
90 second fan on at key-off (this feature activates when engine coolant is 180 degrees or greater)
MAF calibration is year specific
WOT fueling richen to reduce KR
Removes lag by changing downshift tables
Correct VIN number programmed in
Part throttle KR issue fixed
Torque abuse modes are modified to eliminate bog at launch
Shift KR is remapped for modified vehicles
Power enrichment tables modified for cars running increased boost
P0128 code removed for running drilled or 160 Tstats on newer cars
Torque converter lockup tables modified to improve transmission life and eliminate ‘converter lockup hunting’
#89135 - 03/28/07 11:52 AM Re: JET Performance Module
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I've heard a lot of stories about JET and none of them good.
#89136 - 03/28/07 10:30 PM Re: JET Performance Module
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Actually Jet chips were quite popular and effective in the OBD1 era ,the modual you are talking about is a piggyback system and works to an extent but as noted above a reprogrammed pcm is a better buy and will give better performance results,most of our vendors offer them at reasonable prices.Chico.
#89137 - 03/28/07 11:28 PM Re: JET Performance Module
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
ZZP's standard PCM is $80 plus the core charge.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#89138 - 03/29/07 10:02 AM Re: JET Performance Module
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
dummerboy, are you using a standard PCM for the L67 or a custom tuned unit?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#89139 - 03/29/07 11:22 PM Re: JET Performance Module
GT3 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
For $260 you're better off getting a PCM from zzperformance.com.

Where are you from in Cleveland?
Hey, thanks for the heads up about ZZ Performance. They have a nice selection of parts there, for the GP. I bought the replacement PCM and the daytime running light disengagement switch. No way am I gonna use the JET module. The PCM is so much easier to install, and does a better job of EVERYTHING. That, and it costs less too! One little question though. . . On the bottom of the new replacement PCM, it have the VIN I gave them online, but it says something like "00 GTP Tuned". However, I own a GT. Will this have any effect, on whether it will work properly or not? Does it get the same change in GTP form as GT. I would guess no, since the supercharged engine would need a different engine map.

I live in the suburbs, east of Cleveland. I drive into Cleveland every day though, for school/work. I live out towards Solon. I was born in Akron, and grew up in Cleveland. What part of C-town are you from?
#89140 - 03/29/07 11:57 PM Re: JET Performance Module
zuulmusic Offline
You're right on assuming the GT tune is much different than the GTP tune. Might want to get that double checked.

I live in the Mentor/Painesville area. Also drive to CSU during the week.
#89141 - 03/30/07 09:10 AM Re: JET Performance Module
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I'd contact ZZP about that before you install it.
#89142 - 03/31/07 08:35 PM Re: JET Performance Module
GT3 Offline
Quote:
You're right on assuming the GT tune is much different than the GTP tune. Might want to get that double checked.

Well, I tried installing it anyway, and it didn't work. I'm not worried though, I know that if I get the right one, it'll work great. I already reinstalled the original, and am going to send the wrong PCM back, and have ZZ send me the right one. I don't know how the error was made, whether through my error when ordering, or ZZ's when getting it shipped. In any case, I got the daytime running light switch installed, so I can feel like I got something accomplished this weekend. I can totally feel it in acceleration too!!! -j/k. But seriously, I don't think I'll be feeling the less that a half a horsepower that I save, by being able to turn off the lights. I have almost new Michelin tires on my GP right now. I think they're supposed to be good for 120 or so. I can probably go faster on these tires, and still be safe. I'm curious to see what it would top out at, if tires were no issue. 130? 140?

So zuulmusic, are you currently a student at CSU? I went there for a while. If so, what are you studying? Right now, I'm down the street, at CWRU, studying mechanical engineering. Does your name have anything to do with the 80's movie "Ghostbusters"?
#89143 - 04/01/07 01:30 AM Re: JET Performance Module
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
dummerboy, are you using a standard PCM for the L67 or a custom tuned unit?
Custom tuned unit. I got ZZP's top swap tune, and I am going to have it dynoed/fine tuned April 20th. It works pretty good for being a canned tune, good enough that I've been driving it around for the last month with very few issues at all. I'm sure though that once I get it fine tuned it will be much better though, because the fueling and O2's are slightly off, and it's only running around 10* of timing.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#89144 - 04/01/07 03:31 PM Re: JET Performance Module
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
[b] dummerboy, are you using a standard PCM for the L67 or a custom tuned unit?
Custom tuned unit. I got ZZP's top swap tune, and I am going to have it dynoed/fine tuned April 20th. It works pretty good for being a canned tune, good enough that I've been driving it around for the last month with very few issues at all. I'm sure though that once I get it fine tuned it will be much better though, because the fueling and O2's are slightly off, and it's only running around 10* of timing. [/b]
mine wasw around 10* until i got a tune. Im up to 18* now. There is such a difference between that much timing. But any know will retard that timing like crazy! just get a good tune on it and you will be suprised!
#89145 - 04/02/07 12:59 AM Re: JET Performance Module
zuulmusic Offline
niiiice. nice free power, eh? (besides tuning costs, hah).
I'm managing to run stock L36 timing with the novi1000. Thats around 21-23 degrees I think.
#89146 - 04/02/07 01:03 AM Re: JET Performance Module
zuulmusic Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by GT3:
Quote:
[b] You're right on assuming the GT tune is much different than the GTP tune. Might want to get that double checked.

Well, I tried installing it anyway, and it didn't work. I'm not worried though, I know that if I get the right one, it'll work great. I already reinstalled the original, and am going to send the wrong PCM back, and have ZZ send me the right one. I don't know how the error was made, whether through my error when ordering, or ZZ's when getting it shipped. In any case, I got the daytime running light switch installed, so I can feel like I got something accomplished this weekend. I can totally feel it in acceleration too!!! -j/k. But seriously, I don't think I'll be feeling the less that a half a horsepower that I save, by being able to turn off the lights. I have almost new Michelin tires on my GP right now. I think they're supposed to be good for 120 or so. I can probably go faster on these tires, and still be safe. I'm curious to see what it would top out at, if tires were no issue. 130? 140?

So zuulmusic, are you currently a student at CSU? I went there for a while. If so, what are you studying? Right now, I'm down the street, at CWRU, studying mechanical engineering. Does your name have anything to do with the 80's movie "Ghostbusters"? [/b]
Yeah I'm at Fenn studying electrical engineering. How's Case treatin ya? If you're around CSU stop in Fenn at the IEEE office SH346 or my lab SH308.
Yes from Ghost Busters. I wonder how many people realize that.
-Bill
#89147 - 04/02/07 03:19 PM Re: JET Performance Module
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
niiiice. nice free power, eh? (besides tuning costs, hah).
I'm managing to run stock L36 timing with the novi1000. Thats around 21-23 degrees I think.
i got it done by a local member, so it is free tuning!