Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9175 - 05/22/07 12:29 PM Re: What to do
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Love the rims!
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#9176 - 05/22/07 01:51 PM Re: What to do
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
welcome to the site.

Sorry man, but youre probably not going to get any love from a lot of guys on here (myself included) when you go with the body kits and huge wings etc. Its not that we are completely performance oriented, because i love a good looking GP, and i wish i had more money to put towards the appearance of my car, but we just arent into ricer stuff.
#9177 - 05/22/07 08:48 PM Re: What to do
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
im not really into making this a total performance car yet, i might get a few basics but im trying to make this a nice looking car. Now when i get my 1970 chevelle that is gonna be my drag baby.

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#9178 - 05/22/07 09:15 PM Re: What to do
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
would you like some soy sauce with that rice?
x2...haha
#9179 - 05/22/07 10:31 PM Re: What to do
Richard Candelario Offline
finally got a chance to open those pics. I would like to say, if you like those kits, dont listen to these guys, spend your money on your car however you want. Dont be surprised, though, if you hear ppl singing "...the San Francisco treat..." when you roll by. The rims are REALLY nice. The hood these ppl are suggesting..., eh, your car has no way of making it functional, so I wouldnt. The spoiler: We are NEVER gonna get to the speeds required to make a spoiler functional. But their recommendation does make the car look more American and less, well, Tokyo. As I said, your choice, the GP will make just about ANYTHING look good.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#9180 - 05/22/07 10:39 PM Re: What to do
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:

Sorry man, but youre probably not going to get any love from a lot of guys on here (myself included) when you go with the body kits and huge wings etc. Its not that we are completely performance oriented, because i love a good looking GP, and i wish i had more money to put towards the appearance of my car, but we just arent into ricer stuff.
Well said.

There's a difference between going overboard, like putting a giant handle on your trunk (which is my defintion of "Rice"), and doing something tasteful, like an SD spoiler.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#9181 - 05/22/07 11:00 PM Re: What to do
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
The large rice wings make it much easier for the driver to push the car to the nearest shop. Its almost like pushing a shopping cart.
#9182 - 05/22/07 11:41 PM Re: What to do
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
hahah thats funny x2
#9183 - 05/23/07 12:43 AM Re: What to do
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I agree with Austin and Ordonez, the SD package is tasteful but not overdone like that "ironing board" spoiler.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#9184 - 05/23/07 01:13 AM Re: What to do
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
welcome aboard dude...I'm sorry to say a lot of people are gonna give you grief over that kind of styling...from both sides of the fence. The Drift crowd rags on FWD cars and the import crowd rags on American cars, but the bottom line is that its your ride and your money, so you do what turns your crank. I'm personally a fan of pedestal spoilers...I tried to get a Trans Am style spoiler for my GP but couldnt make it happen. Keep in mind that if you install a pedestal wing it will involve filling holes in the decklid from the factory unit...add to that the GP trunk lid isnt flat, all these factors are why I buckled under and put the SD spoiler on my ride. It was a true bolt on with minimal cost. Whatever you choose to do, even if everyone doesnt agree with you, the guys here will still help you out with any issues you may have. So dont get discouraged and enjoy your new ride thumbsup you got yourself a great first car.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2