Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92279 - 07/31/07 01:30 PM ZZP Shift Kit
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Well, after a hard way from zzp to seattle then to mexico city i got this kit, well half of ot cause the filter didn't make it.
What should i espect from this kit?
People from zzp told me that it should fix my slight slip problem.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#92280 - 07/31/07 11:09 PM Re: ZZP Shift Kit
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Well, the shift kit is designed to make your upshifts firmer.... If you are experiencing slipping while accelerating the shift kit should help with that. If you notice slipping in areas other than acceleration, the kit is prolly not going to solve your issues.

http://pdxcgp.com
#92281 - 08/01/07 09:38 AM Re: ZZP Shift Kit
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
It would be hard to say if it would fix the problem. It will likely extend the life of the trans clutches, but not completely fix it.
You SHOULD have got a filter with the kit. I'd be mad... zzp always forgets stuff in their orders!
#92282 - 08/01/07 11:59 AM Re: ZZP Shift Kit
Alex Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
You SHOULD have got a filter with the kit. I'd be mad... zzp always forgets stuff in their orders!
Yes i SHOULD but being so many miles and a border away from there i think it would be a waste of time, i told them but haven't received any answer.

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#92283 - 08/01/07 12:07 PM Re: ZZP Shift Kit
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
They forgot to send me a LIM gasket with my XP cam and install kit. To their credit, they refunded me with the $45.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#92284 - 08/01/07 01:04 PM Re: ZZP Shift Kit
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
When I bought my first mod (wizaired), they forgot to send the filter. Then on the phone they were really snotty and insisted they sent it and told me to look harder (its a freakin 9" cone). After getting me mad they decided "I guess we'll send out ANOTHER one *humph*"

They were alright handling my M90-kit stuff when I was getting that ready. And recently with some gaskets and my zzp shift kit, they got everything right and decently fast shipping.

Alex, I know you've had a ton of work done on your transmission, so if the filter has been replaced recently it should be fine. Still try to get a partial refund, maybe.
#92285 - 08/01/07 01:36 PM Re: ZZP Shift Kit
Alex Offline
Yes my mech told me that my filter is almost new, so he will use the same.

#92286 - 08/01/07 02:38 PM Re: ZZP Shift Kit
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Recommend asking a refund from zzp.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.