Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92461 - 10/20/07 09:18 PM It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
20gtp02 Offline
Here is the link to the pictures I took, they are in order pretty much. PICTURES

Alright so my latest mods are on.
I began prepping this week.
Bought a p&p blower housing and N* from my buddy Dave (DigitallyPhoenix) and he did some extra work on them for me. My theme was going all black.
Well...BiktOberfest is this weekend down here in Daytona, and they day before putting on the new stuff, I got the idea of flames in my head. With all the items painted black I was rushing around to find an airbrush artist. I came across one on Craigslist who is actaully doing work on t-shirts out at my local fleamarket. So I scramble to meet him, the hardest part was to find high temp paint, couldn't find it!! So I just went out there. Did some Bull***** and he began to paint the Flames with t-shirt paint, he said he used it before and since I already used high temp paint and will use high temp clear coat, we'll see what happens. So far so good.
So friday, my buddy calls me up to come up to buy some parts from Dave, who is parting out his 98 gtp. So a day set aside for my car, we work on my buddies car all day. Then 7:00 pm on friday we get to tearing apart my car. At about 2 am we put my buddies car back together, fixed vacuum leaks, cloth to leather interior, etc etc.
Then we call it a night for my car, because we need to port the LIM. So 10am saturday, we get to porting and cleaning up the bay and assembling all the parts. During this whole process I am painting new things, and cleaning all sorts of things. With a huge dinner, my buddy cooked, and breakfeasts and lunches, we took our time and got done at about 3 pm.
It started right up, but we had to rewire the TPS sensor and the idle was going nuts. Assumed the wiring was wrong, it was, so we fixed that, and then headed out to tune for the rest of the day.
I raced some SS cobalt from a dig to 50, and at like 40% throttle, left him in the dust.
Anyways, I wish I had the rockers in hand, because it would of been a great time to throw them in, as I staired at the stockers before putting on the newly painted valve cover.
There is one in there for Tbat that I took of the guys T-shirt airbrushings.

Funniest part of the airbrushing day:
Dude walks up, wondering what the airbrush man is painting. Get ready to laugh "Hey man," he says to to me, " What tranny is that going on? "
I was like, hahhhahaha, it's a blower. He just proceeded to walk away. I assumed he meant for a motorcycle, since bikes are all over the place this weekend. But it was still funny.
Enjoy the pics!

Here is the before engine bay, not shabby to begin with.

#92462 - 10/20/07 09:26 PM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
that's ******* sick man, nice look!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#92463 - 10/20/07 11:12 PM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Very nice. Good job. thumbsup

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#92464 - 10/20/07 11:26 PM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
Loc: Illionis
very nice...i like it alot...
#92465 - 10/20/07 11:40 PM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
Digitallyphoenix Offline
Loc: Daytona beach, Fl
my hands are still numb. i dont know about you but im am so beat! long day. well worth it though. didnt even notice you getting this shot... [img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/escapest01/PortedBlower%20and%20Nstar/Scharger021.jpg?[/img] ^^^ LIM under the Knife (dremal)

i just remembered man last time we tried the 3.25" the AF we were comanding was in the 9's! we were still had not gotten past 11.0 today. deff an improvement! but yeah 3.4" and timing is the next course of action. also need to finish off that FWI

96 Z34 (3.4L DOHC RIP PB 14.81@92.2): www.cardomain.com/id/z34phoenix
L36 swap SD header, 2.5" exhaust, HV3, PowrTuner, Wideband, topswap w/ ported heads to be installed
#92466 - 10/21/07 12:16 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
Baby Grand Offline
Loc: Edmonton, AB
Awesome!
#92467 - 10/21/07 12:39 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
thats cool a hell!!!!

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#92468 - 10/21/07 01:14 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
sexy... i like, ya im asking for xmas to get a painters kit type thingy so i cant start painting things with a professional painting thing instead of spray paint cans

... Jack... can you get clear coat in a spray paint can??? is it just like spray painting?

P.S. when i saw the subject i thought we had another GP go down in flames

P.S.S (sp)?!? you need to upgrade the rims, the engine is sexy and moving fast, now throw some bling on that beast

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#92469 - 10/21/07 02:29 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Looks good ,did you coat with hi-temp clear? I'm glad to see you got rid of that getto intake.Chico(pops)
#92470 - 10/21/07 04:20 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Dude, that's AWESOME! However, your sig doesn't look so good...lol
#92471 - 10/21/07 07:32 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
Digitallyphoenix Offline
Loc: Daytona beach, Fl
bling rims NO. but some light weight 17's would be perfict with some fat tires... that is once your tires are shot. those are some nice threads.

yeah i think he clear coated it atleast twice that i remember.

96 Z34 (3.4L DOHC RIP PB 14.81@92.2): www.cardomain.com/id/z34phoenix
L36 swap SD header, 2.5" exhaust, HV3, PowrTuner, Wideband, topswap w/ ported heads to be installed
#92472 - 10/21/07 08:47 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
chotchie Offline
Loc: providence RI
thats wicked.....and original. if i want to paint mine(not like yours) do i have to powdercoat or high temp, after time high temp starts to fade

tranny cooling kit and shift kit,valve cover breather,3.25 MPS,MSD coilpacks,K&N open cone,pacesetters,40 series FM,1.9 rockers w/ 105 springs,MSP"TBv2" poly mounts,180* T-stat,NGK TR6 v-groove,N* TB,EGR delete,42# injectors,ported eaton blower.
#92473 - 10/21/07 09:03 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
that is HAWT!...three big thumbs up thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#92474 - 10/21/07 09:26 AM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
o no way i wasnt thinking 20's, i dont recommend them to anybody, i was talking like maybe tbat's bullits would look nice on his or any of the bullits in my opinion

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#92475 - 10/21/07 01:34 PM Re: It's on FIRE, Beware...Graphic *Pics*
20gtp02 Offline
I got some 500* black, red, and clear coat DupliColor spray cans. There are some at the parts stores that are 1200*, but the colors might be limited. I want rims, but I don't want rims. I personally think the ungly rims I have, go great with the color of my car. I am trying to keep a sleeper look also, until you open the hood. I like the intake also, was simple to replace. There is soo much room now in the intake area, needs a Turbo I think, but that won't happen. Thanks for all the great compliments!
It's no high high quality paint job, but I'll keep you updated on how it holds up. For the lack of time and ideas running wild, I had only a few hours to get that paint job accomplished, so it'll work for now.

Tbat-did you see the t-shirt?
Did you'll venture to the picture page, I had it at the bottom of that last picture, it has the process of the mod day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >