Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92983 - 11/10/05 11:48 PM It Finally Happened
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
Hey folks, its been a long time since I had time to even use a computer. Hope everyone has been doing well.

Well a few weeks ago I was driving in gridlock traffic when I happened to notice a Mack dumptrucks' tires coming close to my drivers side window, wouldve killed me if I stayed put. So I slam the brakes, at the same time hes in my lane and slams his brakes for a yellow light and has no load in the truck so I notice if I dont shift lanes im going to hit him. So I shift 1 lane over and sure enough theres a bunch of cars stopped, cant shift again its all blocked. I ended up rear ending a guy at about 5mph. This all happened in a space of about 3 seconds. The truck driver looked at me, said something to the effect of "Oh shit!" and ran the red from a stop.

The point of telling you that was to tell you that the AVS headlight covers are THE SH*T!!! They saved my headlights and only broke the side clip off one of them. My ride is fine. The guy I hits bumper taco'd and his rear tail light popped out. Further proof that GP's are tanks. Nothing wrong with my car except that my hood doesent quite sit right (not noticeably but my hood vibrates a bit when im stopped at idle) ive been a few places and they have no idea how to fix this issue. Anyone have any ideas?
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#92984 - 11/11/05 12:29 AM Re: It Finally Happened
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

If you can adjust the hood stops on the nose at each corner of the hood, that may eliminate the vibrating, but won't resolve the alignment issue.
They move a lot for just a bit of a turn, so play with them if thats your answer to stopping the vibration.

Later now,
Clint

http://pdxcgp.com
#92985 - 11/11/05 06:30 AM Re: It Finally Happened
boosnark1 Offline
Loc: Cartersville, GA
I agree these cars are tanks. With all of the interstate driving that I have done, you can never predict what is going to hit you (a 5 gallon bucket (empty), bolts, rock). I hit a deer last week going about 35. A dump truck (go figure) blinded me with it's headlights and by the time I could see again I hit the deer on the passenger side headlight. The deer ran away, but I had two small crease dents on my hood and the headlight assembly was busted. If you were standing 25 feet away from the car you couldn't tell that the deer did $900 worth of damage to the car. At least I have an excuse to put on my blazertechs smile

Great cars thumbsup
Mods: Pulley Boys 3.4" pulley, JimmyC downpipe /w cat, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, Taylor plug boots(Red), NGK TR-55 IX plugs, Thasher CAI, MAP Throttle Body Spacer, MAP Exhaust heat shield, GMPP handling upgrade kit, Energy Suspension Poly bushings, 97-02 Lotek A-pillar(3 gauge), Autometer Sport-Comp guages (boost, oil pressure, transmission temp), SilverStars Halogen bulbs, Blazertech 2200 foglights, Hawk HPS pads, F-body brakes, and rebuilt tranny....
#92986 - 11/11/05 10:45 AM Re: It Finally Happened
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Glad to hear your okay stranger. :p
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali