Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9318 - 10/19/02 02:52 PM CASE learn.
LeoDas Offline
Loc: Crystal, MN
Just a recommendation for the Minnesota area. I called up 12 different Pontiac/Chevy dealers in the metro area and not 1 knew what the hell I was talking about, half of them thought I wanted to re-flash my PCM (for like $89) and half didn't even know what the CASE learn does, or why I would need it. EXCEPT: Iten Chevrolet of Brooklyn Center Minnesota. 763-561-9220. I talked to the shop forman there and he knew exactly what I was talking about and told me that it would be 15mins labor (bout $30 or so), I pulled in, he did it right on the spot in front of me and re-assured me that he was not "flashing" he was CASE learning. Man them TECH II's are SWEET! Anyway, it took him all of 3 minutes to do it, and he said have a nice day. Didn't charge me a dime. I was impressed. Rolled out on the highway and got her up to 138Mph till I ran out of road :-))))).
1999 Forest Green GTP, 3.4 pulley, Magnusen snout, Thrasher CAI, Mod PCM, Eibach Springs, Koni struts, Pods Tranny Temp/Boost, Optima Redtop Battery, Tranny Cooler, Borla Cat Back, Ubend removed, Blazertech 3200's,
#9319 - 10/20/02 12:40 PM Re: CASE learn.
ajdamac Offline
Loc: Kansas City, MO
what is case learning suppose to do?
#9320 - 10/20/02 09:00 PM Re: CASE learn.
Ferb Offline
Loc: San Luis Obispo, CA
A CASE learn allows the PCM to know what the crankshaft sensor variation is. Generally only needed when you change the PCM, it can provide a bit more power as the computer knows more about the engine. Mainly it's used to prevent throwing a Service Engine Light with a new PCM.

ferb!
#9321 - 10/21/02 10:58 PM Re: CASE learn.
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Hello,

Was that speed w/ your foot all the way into it?
I've heard the GTP is capable of well over 140mph. With your mods, I would think that would be the case.
Later now,

http://pdxcgp.com
#9322 - 10/22/02 08:18 PM Re: CASE learn.
LeoDas Offline
Loc: Crystal, MN
Oh yeah, foot to the floor. I was revin' about 4,300 RPM and she was still gaining speed, but I ran into slow traff... I mean, ran out of track. Next time I bring her that high I'm gonna have a cam on the HUD. Steering was SUPER touchy at this speed. I know that this is normal, but it seemed more touchy than normal (like in an older mustang) must have to do with the speed assisted steering. I think RAM air might help my top-end a little more. Also, smaller pulley? Or is the GP just limited by the aerodynamics of the car? Anybody got some good street racing vids of GTP's out there? I looked around and found a few ones that were inside the care and claimed they were GTP's up against like really slow cars, then they show the dashboard and I don't see the Information display, the speedo goes up to 150Mph, and no supercharger whine (maybe a ol' 3.4DOHC GTP). I'd love to throw a 5.7 LS1 in my car and make it rear wheel drive (I know it would be a ton of work). Anybody ever seen this done?
1999 Forest Green GTP, 3.4 pulley, Magnusen snout, Thrasher CAI, Mod PCM, Eibach Springs, Koni struts, Pods Tranny Temp/Boost, Optima Redtop Battery, Tranny Cooler, Borla Cat Back, Ubend removed, Blazertech 3200's,
#9323 - 10/23/02 09:56 PM Re: CASE learn.
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
I've got a couple videos from inside the car...U will hear the S/C in mine.
I made some videos from the grandstands, but lost my video card prior to putting them up, so, they remain in the camera for now.
http://members.tripod.com/~crimpton/movie
That will take you to a page to choose which movie U want to watch.

http://pdxcgp.com