Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93561 - 05/23/09 07:27 PM Re: over heating & loss of power
grandprix38 Offline
Loc: Seattle Wa
Quote:
Originally posted by grandprix38:
You guys probobly wouldn't recomend a upper intake manifold from a wrecking yard would ya, A place called southend auto has a couple for $35 If I pull apart.
Dam its looking more like the lim then the uim, hopefully just the gasket. its dry between uim and lim, and wet below lim.

Thanks for editing my sig Blackarrow98gp great Job!
Now to get this babe back together!

1997 Grand Prix SE 3800 series 2
#93562 - 07/02/09 12:10 AM Re: over heating & loss of power
grandprix38 Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b] You guys probobly wouldn't recomend a upper intake manifold from a wrecking yard would ya, A place called southend auto has a couple for $35 If I pull apart.
Dam its looking more like the lim then the uim, hopefully just the gasket. its dry between uim and lim, and wet below lim. [/b]
2 question's
I changed the oil to move car, and checked oil again, definate sign's of coolant in oil .Havent done a compression check yet, can that be done with intakes off?
AZ looks to only sell lower or upper intake gaskets, can't find a kit w/both online, does anyone have a link for one.
Thanks

#93563 - 10/05/09 07:55 PM Re: over heating & loss of power
grandprix38 Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] You guys probobly wouldn't recomend a upper intake manifold from a wrecking yard would ya, A place called southend auto has a couple for $35 If I pull apart.
Dam its looking more like the lim then the uim, hopefully just the gasket. its dry between uim and lim, and wet below lim. [/b]
2 question's
I changed the oil to move car, and checked oil again, definate sign's of coolant in oil .Havent done a compression check yet, can that be done with intakes off?
AZ looks to only sell lower or upper intake gaskets, can't find a kit w/both online, does anyone have a link for one.
Thanks [/b]
Well havent done anything yet dam funds are too ****ed up, Dam I miss this GP. can't wait to get her back on the road, I was looking over the engine today and once I get the parts, and do a compresion test, doesn't look to be to hard of a job, wether its the lim/uim/or heads.
Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3