Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93687 - 04/27/07 06:39 PM S/C and Turbo question
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
Hey I hope this isn't a dumb question....I try not ask those.....but anyways...I was wondering if you have a S/c or Turbo do you get a funny smell like something is burning? or is it just me, and some of my friends......I mostly smell it buy the tire...while the car is running, and when i shut it off you can smell it for awhile. Spanks!
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#93688 - 04/27/07 06:41 PM Re: S/C and Turbo question
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
What does the burning smell like?

Tires? Might be from breaking your tires loose from a stop
Oil? Did you get some on your manifold or something?
Coolant? Same as oil

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#93689 - 04/27/07 07:35 PM Re: S/C and Turbo question
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
do they have cats?? is it like a rotton egg smell??
#93690 - 04/27/07 07:37 PM Re: S/C and Turbo question
GTPJesse Offline
Not tires, and not the oil smell.....idk I've smelled it before but I can't put my finger on it........idk it might be just me...
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

#93691 - 04/27/07 07:40 PM Re: S/C and Turbo question
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
if the turbo is oil cooled it could have a slow leak around the housing and be burning it off.
#93692 - 04/27/07 07:56 PM Re: S/C and Turbo question
GTPJesse Offline
What about for me? I have a gtp why would I have the weird smell?

#93693 - 04/27/07 11:12 PM Re: S/C and Turbo question
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Leaking valve covers? Leaking oil pan? Bad PCV valve?