Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94528 - 05/31/09 12:23 PM a/c out of defrost vents
nyjets91 Offline
Loc: Wallingford/Hartford, CT
Awhile back i posted about my A/C blowing out of only the defrost vents, no matter which setting I have it on. I had little luck with finding the problem. It's the CJ2 climate control unit.

So, I finally got underneath my dashboard today to take a solid look. after looking to this topic for ideas: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=...ode=&s=#4699423 I checked the solenoid that's in the second picture, and it only moves in one direction. It moves to the defrost setting, but will only move back to the other setting(s) if I push it by hand, NOT with the vacuum lines on its own. I immediately thought this would be the problem, but then i decided to check the vacuum lines going to it first. When i push the defrost button on the control unit, one of the vacuum lines does engage and turn it to defrost mode. However, when switching back to any other mode, there is no vacuum on the other line, and thus it does not go out of defrost mode.

So my question basically come down to this, what would cause that second vacuum line not to get the vacuum it needs to pull it out of defrost mode? In casae you're wondering, that red line goes into that big vacuum switch thing shown in the very last pic on the clubgp article. As usual, I thank you in advance for any and all help.