Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94740 - 05/08/02 05:25 AM Re: How many people like this new format better?
Matt Shaw Offline
Loc: San Bruno, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Marks:
Do you think this is better than Yahoo Groups?
The main problem I have with these web-based forums is that I am on several of them, and that means I have to do a lot of clicking and surfing to get around to them, whereas with mailing lists I could just get them all in my email client, filter them, and deal with everything at one time in one place. I could effortlessly jump between them or my other email and resume without any effort. Now I have to keep multiple browsers open if I want to do that, and try to remember that that was what I was doing.

But I'll live. Although I've been with Brian since he ran the list by hand and have always followed it, I haven't posted a huge amount so probably not much will change. I'm sure I won't read as much because it's simply not as convenient to do so.

You *could* get a copy of mailman or some other program and run your own mailing list, which would eliminate all the banner ads and stuff.
#94741 - 05/08/02 06:41 PM Re: How many people like this new format better?
BrentA Offline
Loc: Mission, KS
I'll definately miss the old list, I'm not sure if I'll stay on this web based board or not, but I'll try.
Brent I. Adams '98 Silvermist GTP Coupe Poly bushings, Thrasher airbox, tranny cooler, 3.4" pulley, U-bend replaced, F-bar, Blazertech 2200's, Crossover wrap, Rat heat shield, Borla tips, Taylor wires, NGK TR55's, stereo stuff
#94742 - 05/08/02 06:50 PM Re: How many people like this new format better?
BrentA Offline
Loc: Mission, KS
I don't know how many of you are aware, but there is a second GP list on yahoogroups. I can't remember who the moderator was, but it's listed as "gpowners". I'll send a test message to find out if it's still up.
Brent I. Adams '98 Silvermist GTP Coupe Poly bushings, Thrasher airbox, tranny cooler, 3.4" pulley, U-bend replaced, F-bar, Blazertech 2200's, Crossover wrap, Rat heat shield, Borla tips, Taylor wires, NGK TR55's, stereo stuff
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3