Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95053 - 05/18/04 10:33 PM PCM ?'s
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Not getting anything on the new forum, i think a lotta people visit here instead but. Why for the 97-03 and 04 is there not a product like the diablo sport. I have never seen anyone question this. Buying a reprogram PCM is a waste compared to this product. You have no options on a reprogram just a basic reprogram and then on the diable you have everything.??? input from anyone????
#95054 - 05/18/04 10:58 PM Re: PCM ?'s
terapinn2000GTP Offline
Loc: Oklahoma city
If I am thinking right with the diablo you can control and set all your own custom settings. If this is that... Alot of people dont know enough to set there own settings properly. To do so you have to have access to a dyno and do multiple pulls to work out all of the timing and settings and such. There are so many settings for your average person to know how to mess with and not mess anything up and improve performance. Correct me you all if I am wrong.
#95055 - 05/18/04 11:04 PM Re: PCM ?'s
zachd Offline
I understand that there are so many things that must be changed and be carefully monitored. But does ever person that has a Firebird camaro GM truck corvette take there vehicle to the dyno when they put a new exhaust on? I highly doubt it. I think that if there is enough tech out there to design something that can change there could be a device that allows these changes safely. After all, if you look at a lot of these members, they are doing more than the 'average' person does.

Look at you terrapin, you have a hella mods. Do you do these yourself? Becuase if you did, you are far from teh average person. Even if you didnt do them all yourself you are far from the average person. Im just trying to make a point. the same people own Grand Prixs that own the vehicles that have these programmers available.
#95056 - 05/18/04 11:27 PM Re: PCM ?'s
terapinn2000GTP Offline
I did all the mods myself with the excepion of changing my pulley. I still wouldnt want to mess with all the different values. I dont think I know enough yet. Your point is well taken and after I learn alot more I will probly try one of those. I dont know alot about them!
#95057 - 05/18/04 11:29 PM Re: PCM ?'s
zachd Offline
Thanks for the input terra, I have never used on eof these but all the big dog manufacturers claim them to be safe. My main thing i would want to change would be like transmission firmness, and top end speed and maybe other things but those are the major ones. I like the fact that you can change like when fans turn on and some of them even after you turn off it runs for a lil bit just little things.
#95058 - 05/18/04 11:40 PM Re: PCM ?'s
terapinn2000GTP Offline
If you are wanting to do just little changes like that and dont want to change them all the time and have them permanent you could just do a custom PCM. Just a thought. Im not saying by any means not to get one. If I had the extra money I think I would get one to learn about it. I think they are about $600 and yo need a laptop to use it if I remember right.
#95059 - 05/18/04 11:45 PM Re: PCM ?'s
zachd Offline
I could care less on how its changed. But, the thing i see is if i pay for a DHP its pretty much a generic tune, may not be what i want exactly and then if that thing gets fried i lose it. Unless you pay them off for a free reprogram for like 50 bucks more. I know they have a lotta time in R&D but when i look at the cost of the diablo. a group of buddies get together and they change 4 cars for the price of one!!

Do you know where any of these programmers are to make small changes to a pcm? just curious. I feel that this is something way underdeveloped on the grand prix. we have options on evertyhing else 2 different headers 4 or 5 exhausts different hoods super charger options out the wazoo. About the easiest customer burn that i know of is the SLP chassis dyno tune. But you have to go to NJ to do that. ( i think this is where its at) I dunno about you but NJ is a good hike for me to just have minor changes done.
#95060 - 05/19/04 12:01 AM Re: PCM ?'s
terapinn2000GTP Offline
NJ is a couple day drive for me!
#95061 - 05/20/04 03:47 PM Re: PCM ?'s
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
Not getting anything on the new forum, i think a lotta people visit here instead but. Why for the 97-03 and 04 is there not a product like the diablo sport. I have never seen anyone question this. Buying a reprogram PCM is a waste compared to this product. You have no options on a reprogram just a basic reprogram and then on the diable you have everything.??? input from anyone????
I agree, the diablosport device would be wonderful.

I dont think its a matter of knowledge on our part but a matter of Market and how many they think they can sell vs how much money they can bring in against how much its going to cost them to R&D a GTP PCM for teh various years to make a good program. So far the diablosport is made for applications where there are many year runs of a LOT of the same motor that it can be applied to with little effort on their part. GM truck motors, LS1, LT1. That is a HUGE number of people.

They prob feel they cant sell enough GTP/GT programmers because there is a smaller number of people that would be willing to buy it or that mod their gtps, and there are already 3 or 4 PCM programmers serving the GTP community. so the money isnt there for them.
Beleive me, the GTP community has bombarded diablosport with emails begging. Maybe someday
#95062 - 05/20/04 10:24 PM Re: PCM ?'s
terapinn2000GTP Offline
heres another option. It isnt a Diablo but this would help customize and edit some settings. HP Tuners VCM Suite. It is avail. at intense and is under PCM and electronics.