Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96196 - 07/28/05 02:03 PM What are the odds...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I went to Cabela's today to look around.
In the back parking lot I see a 2-door Grand Prix "Special Edition". As I walked to my car in the front parking lot, I see a 4-door Grand Prix "Special Edition".
2 "Special Edition" GP's in the same parking lot at the same time.
What are the odds of that ever happening again?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#96197 - 07/28/05 03:07 PM Re: What are the odds...
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Well,

This gives you another reason to go back to Cabela's. devilgrin
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#96198 - 07/28/05 03:14 PM Re: What are the odds...
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Haha, that reminds me of when I went out for pizza last week, and the only two other cars in the parking lot were a white GP SE and a silver GTP.
#96199 - 07/28/05 03:36 PM Re: What are the odds...
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I was at Home Depot last weekend and parked next to my car's identical twin.

GTP, same color, torque stars, etc. Even had tinted windows.

The only reason I could tell which was mine was the sticker in my rear window.
#96200 - 07/28/05 04:24 PM Re: What are the odds...
framos242 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
Haha, that reminds me of when I went out for pizza last week, and the only two other cars in the parking lot were a white GP SE and a silver GTP.
It would have been interesting if you parked between the SE and GTP.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

#96201 - 07/28/05 04:42 PM Re: What are the odds...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I bet your key woulda worked in there door smile Since GM only uses like six or seven different keys.
#96202 - 07/28/05 05:18 PM Re: What are the odds...
framos242 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I bet your key woulda worked in there door smile Since GM only uses like six or seven different keys.
This is just the opinion of Herc and is not condoned by grandprix.net.

Wait a minute... should this be a job of a mod??? crazy

#96203 - 07/28/05 09:16 PM Re: What are the odds...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Just stating a fact smile
#96204 - 07/29/05 12:13 AM Re: What are the odds...
KungFuFighter Offline
Loc: Baltimore, Maryland
How do you know this information Herc? devilgrin

Clear Corners, Silver Star turning lights, Silver Star headlights, Diamond Series foglights, Megan Racing muffler, Interior pulseing blue lights, Borla MPG mod. Much more to come.
#96205 - 07/29/05 07:47 PM Re: What are the odds...
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
I like parking next to other grand prixs... I wish I had some kind of flyer for the site I could put under their wipers or something.

The other day I was at a car wash and I saw a SE that looked pretty decent. Same color as mine (Galaxy Silver Metallic), he also had tinted windows, and dual exhaust with glass packs. Man that thing was loud!! oh yeah, turned out he had the same cd player as me too! (Eclipse)

Talked with the guy for a little bit and told him to check out the site. I hope he does!

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#96206 - 07/29/05 07:59 PM Re: What are the odds...
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
[b] Haha, that reminds me of when I went out for pizza last week, and the only two other cars in the parking lot were a white GP SE and a silver GTP.
It would have been interesting if you parked between the SE and GTP. [/b]
Oh, I did. laugh It's a tiny parking lot; only about five spaces wide. For once, I didn't have my camera with me that day. banghead
#96207 - 07/30/05 02:26 AM Re: What are the odds...
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
I've only seen one "special edition" gp here, with the raised spoiler, lucky you Austin. GP's are getting more and more popular out here with young drivers. I see quite a few cruisin around these days with mods, tint, blackouts, etc...

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.