Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#97068 - 05/08/07 01:00 AM wiring question
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
electrical has never been my strong suit and I had an idea but dont want to screw up. I think I am going to go with the Angel Eyes for my fog lights. What I was thinking was since they supply a seperate wire for the LED rings I could hook them up on the same circuit as the DRLs...the object being to have the halos on instead of the headlights (since I believe the headlights being on constantly is why the lenses go white...or at least a contributing factor)
Is there a simple way to do this or am I out in left field?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#97069 - 05/08/07 01:06 AM Re: wiring question
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
The blue LED ring isn't legal for street driving, y'know...

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#97070 - 05/08/07 02:56 PM Re: wiring question
ThunderBat Offline
the GP store says the new Optilux driving lamps being shipped have clear LED rings instead of blue...although I've never heard of anyone in VA saying they were illegal. If they are then BMW is in a pinch with all the cars they sell with halo rings around the headlights. On a personal level I dont see how they could squawk about blue LED rings with the HID setups that are out there that put out a positively blinding light.

#97071 - 05/08/07 09:32 PM Re: wiring question
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Sorry I can't help you with the wiring, but I think the laws in Oregon state something to the effect of "Red or Blue illuminations on the front of a vehicle are limited to emergency vehicles only".... So I would imagine it might be enforced the same way window tint is... If they want a reason to pull you over, they will find one.

I know you're on the East Coast... I'm just trying to make a point that may apply where you are at..... wink

http://pdxcgp.com
#97072 - 05/08/07 10:03 PM Re: wiring question
20gtp02 Offline
I heard, since like BMWs are from factory it is fine. But for some reason, aftermarket look a likes are law breakers. To me its like people who sell pipes and bongs for suppposed use with Tobacco. Its legal, but the percentages going for use with Tobacco are no

#97073 - 05/08/07 11:49 PM Re: wiring question
ThunderBat Offline
that must be why the new ones from the GP store are clear LEDs.