Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98048 - 07/06/04 10:56 AM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
EnYgMa Offline
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hmph, between what's being pumped out of Alberta, Alaska, and Texas - the US and Canada should be self-sufficient for oil and we should be making our own lower prices...

But that's just angered opinion not taking the world economy, treaties, partnerships, etc into account.

What we should do!
#98049 - 07/06/04 11:23 AM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
From what I understand, Texas sells most of it's oil. More money is made from selling it. This is just what I've been told for years, whether it's true or not I don't know.
confused

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#98050 - 07/06/04 11:36 AM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Don't forget about the oil we are not drilling for in ANWR and the Gulf of Mexico. Damn tree huggers frown frown
#98051 - 07/06/04 12:57 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
EnYgMa Offline
Bunch'a'hippies!!!
#98052 - 07/06/04 01:19 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Quote:
Originally posted by EnYgMa:
Hmph, between what's being pumped out of Alberta, Alaska, and Texas - the US and Canada should be self-sufficient for oil and we should be making our own lower prices...

But that's just angered opinion not taking the world economy, treaties, partnerships, etc into account.

What we should do!
Well for one there is not enough oil in alaska and texas for us gas guzzlin bitches to drive much more then 7 years on. if that long. This is why we buy our oil from people else where, because we don't have enough crude to live on. Unless we ever start doing what they do in canada, they have oil that is trapped in sand and they can refine that shit, now we have a lotta that but its very expensive to do, we researched it at one time and then quit. so go figure.....we will never be self sufficient on oil unless it all is synthetic.......
#98053 - 07/06/04 01:39 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
EnYgMa Offline
Actually they're refining it as we speak. I think Quark lives up there in Fort McMurray, Alberta where they're doing that. I'm a few hundred miles south of there. The refineries are here in Edmonton.
#98054 - 07/07/04 10:14 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
zachd Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by EnYgMa:
Actually they're refining it as we speak. I think Quark lives up there in Fort McMurray, Alberta where they're doing that. I'm a few hundred miles south of there. The refineries are here in Edmonton.
Yeah i read that the canadians are doing this already in TIME magazine. I read that some us companies looked into and ran. I don't rememebr the numbers but there was a crap load of oil that could be harvested this way.
#98055 - 07/07/04 11:06 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Premium gas today in Houston was $1.00!!!!!!!
so was mid-grade and regular. It was a special a gas station had for it's 50th anniversary. Guess who filled up and bought about 15 gas gans to fill!!!!!!!!!! Also chowed down some free dogs and then put the hammer down. They only had it going on for about 50 minutes....One minute for every year......to bad it wasn't the 100th anniversary....coulda bought more gas cans!!!!!
#98056 - 07/08/04 02:38 AM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
I remember watching Mr. Wizards World as a kid, and them talking about a process to turn coal into oil. They said we already developed the process, it just costs much more than importing oil. They said if we turned coal into oil, the US would exceed the middle east in oil production, and have "plenty" of oil for at least a century or more... Wonder if it was true usa
#98057 - 07/08/04 11:07 AM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
EnYgMa Offline
You never know. Something has to be done though. This strangle-hold that the middle east has us in for oil is ridiculous.

Either that or switch everything to natural gas or hydrogen - however, the oil companies won't allow for that.

It's weird though. Being from Alberta and hearing how much oil is mined everyday it's surprising that we wouldn't be able to sustain ourselves. Plus, when we were in Alaska a couple of years ago, we checked out the Alaska pipeline, and the amount (millions of tonnes!) that gets pumped through there, again it's surprising.
#98058 - 07/08/04 06:09 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
when it comes to Fort McMurray, the price is 89.9 for regular. As for oil, at this point Fort Mac pump 864,000 bbls per day of oil. Not too shaby for a place most people don't hear from and that has the oil reserves many times that of Saudi Arabia.
#98059 - 07/08/04 06:13 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
zachd Offline
This is getting a little redicolous, go drive in Europe with a car like ours and then complain about gas prices.
#98060 - 07/08/04 06:26 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
quark_man Offline
Loc: Alberta
zachd, where does US have Tar sands? Just curious ( I am a senior area coordinator for one of the plants up here ). Also, when it comes to the costs of production it is obviously less expensive to pump the liquid stuff. However, as our COO said there is a big difference between securing an oil source and a secure oil source for North America which the Tar Sands are. I stated above many times but the numbers are in hundreds of billions of barrels ( some estimate trillions ). Lease C-13 alone has a 25 year lifespan with a maximum of 250,000 bbls a day.
The cost again, ranges between the plants from $ US 9-13. There are a few plants that are able to eventually decrease their operational cost to$ US 6.
#98061 - 07/08/04 06:39 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Even if we were self sufficient, it wouldn't do jack for our gas prices. Just look at the UK. I remember reading that that they are self sufficient. However, they sell oil on the world market just like everyone else. So if the world price of oil goes up, so does the price of their local oil.
#98062 - 07/09/04 12:34 PM Re: Still running premium in your GTP?
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Well the UK also taxes the living Hell out of their gas to support all the social welfare and medical programs, as well as probably trying to discourage people from driving.

I say keep the ANWR and the gulf of mexico in reserve so if the world decides they dont like us anymore and stops selling us oil, our planes can still fly and tanks can still roll if need be.