Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#99911 - 10/07/04 08:58 AM Windshield Washer Stopped
Mark from Quincy,MA Offline
Loc: Quincy, Ma
Nothing happens when I try to squirt my dirty windshield. Stuck my head under the hood while someone pushed the paddle switch and I didnt hear anything or any motor/pump noise under the battery where I suspect the pump is since the hose seems to go. Anyone have this problem??? Anyone know for sure where the pump is???
#99912 - 10/07/04 09:47 AM Re: Windshield Washer Stopped
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
It might be possible that the lines are clogged. Blow out the lines and see what happens.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#99913 - 10/07/04 10:36 AM Re: Windshield Washer Stopped
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark from Quincy,MA:
Nothing happens when I try to squirt my dirty windshield. Stuck my head under the hood while someone pushed the paddle switch and I didnt hear anything or any motor/pump noise under the battery where I suspect the pump is since the hose seems to go. Anyone have this problem??? Anyone know for sure where the pump is???
I just looked in my Helms CD. First check for a blown washer fuse. Also check to see if the nozzles are clogged.

To replace the pump, you need to remove the fender liner. The pump is mounted on the side of the washer fluid resevoir, behind the fender.

cheers
#99914 - 10/07/04 11:51 AM Re: Windshield Washer Stopped
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I dont know about the newer cars but the 97's don't have a seperate fuse for the washer so if your wipers work it's not the fuse the washer motor is probably the same it just pushes into a small hole in the washer tank with an electrical con.on top ,i had to replace mine (got one from the wrecker for a buck) i to it apart and it was rusted solid the seal between th pump and electric motor leak and cause it to fail.As for the location on a newer car Austin should be able to help you.
#99915 - 10/07/04 01:31 PM Re: Windshield Washer Stopped
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Welcome Mark. It's nice to see more Massholes on this list.
#99916 - 10/08/04 08:33 AM Re: Windshield Washer Stopped
Mark from Quincy,MA Offline
Loc: Quincy, Ma
Hi Bryant, thanks for the welcome!

Bobby, Thanks I will try clearing the lines.

Bryan R, This is a 2000 GTP and my manual shows no fuse for the washer, only for the wipers which work fine. Thanks for looking in the Helms. I will try anything suggested!

Thanks for the heads up Chico!

Any other ideas folks?????
I have 75k on the car and only had the fuel pump resistor go about 10k ago and now this,, only problems with car so far. Have put in new KYB struts but that is expected! Mark