Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#220378 - 12/07/18 12:20 PM Angel Di Maria Jersey hopefully we can pick it up even more
klmnop813311 Offline
Loc: china
The perennial Pro Bowl cornerback missed all of September after injuring his left foot in the second week of the preseason.
Bailey revealed recently that he's dealing with the dreaded Lisfranc injury, albeit a much milder version than the one that forced All-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady under the knife and ended his season last month.
"I'll tell you what, winning helps with everything. It definitely helps me be as patient as I need to be," Bailey said.
Coach John Fox stressed the Broncos (4-0) aren't going to take any chances with Bailey at less than 100 percent.
Either way, the Broncos are eager to see what they can do when Bailey and Miller are back in the mix.
"I can't even put it into words how frustrating it is. It's frustrating missing practice, So games, it's only 10 times more frustrating," said Bailey, mired in the second-longest absence of his 15-year career.
Rising to the top of the AP Pro32 rankings, the Broncos have thrived without their two superstars, Bailey and All-Pro linebacker Von Miller, who has two more weeks left on his six-game drug suspension.
"I think sometimes circumstances might create poor judgment and the fact that they've played well has allowed us to use good judgment and we'll continue that with him," Fox said. "And I'll remind everyone he's a 12-time Pro Bowler, I think a first-ballot Hall of Fame guy and we're looking forward to getting him COMPLETELY healthy and get him back in the lineup."
With Bailey out, the Broncos have used Rodgers-Cromartie as their No. 1 cornerback, matching him up on elite receivers no matter where they line up, including Jacoby Jones and DeSean Jackson. They figure to do the same against Dez Bryant on Sunday.
Every week, Bailey has hoped he would play, but three hours before kickoff he tests his sore foot and decides the pain is too much to bear, the rust too heavy to keep up with fleet-footed receivers and the potential for re-injury too great a risk.
Notes: Bailey practically yawned at Tony Romo's assertion that Denver's DBs are getting away with grabbing and holding. "No biggie. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion," Bailey said. ... WR Eric Decker (shoulder, ankle) was a full participant Friday for the first time all week.
The stellar play in the secondary keeps the Broncos from being tempted to rush Bailey back onto the field, too.
Bailey wants dearly to be a part of what's shaping up as a special season in Denver, but he takes some solace in knowing Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Chris Harris are playing so well in his absence and the Broncos are blowing out teams by an average of more than three touchdowns.
"Once I'm out there, once he's out there, hopefully we can pick it up even more,Anthony Brown Jersey," Bailey said.
As the first snow of the season blasted the Denver area on Friday, Bailey still wasn't able to do everything at practice and was listed as questionable for the game at Dallas (2-2) this weekend.
The Broncos have the league's top run defense with a deep and agile front seven,Alex Ovechkin Jersey, but they're not nearly as effective pressuring the passer without Miller, who drew an NFL-high nine holding penalties last year to go with a franchise-best 18

Moderator:  AustinGTP, Chew, HercMan(Rob), Redshift