Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121948 - 07/16/05 02:20 PM Re: Must have been hot yesterday. My rear view decided to melt off.
car8fan Offline
Loc: La Grange, NC USA
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Remove all the old glue first. By the way you'll want to remove the little metal anchor from the rearview and glue on just the anchor. This way you can use a small piece of tape to hold it while it dries then trying to hold the entire mirror.
My wife's Cavalier does it all the time. Herc's method is the best way I've found to do it, only I've had the best results using the GEL super-glue. It hasn't fallen off yet this year. Oh yeah, ... Make sure you give the glue at least 24 hrs to set before you attach the mirror and make certain you put the metal clip on properly.

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Must have been hot yesterday. My rear view decided to melt off. bryanp 07/16/05 08:43 AM
Re: Must have been hot yesterday. My rear view decided to melt off. BryantGTP 07/16/05 09:22 AM
Re: Must have been hot yesterday. My rear view decided to melt off. UMfan 07/16/05 11:46 AM
Re: Must have been hot yesterday. My rear view decided to melt off. HercMan(Rob) 07/16/05 12:39 PM
Re: Must have been hot yesterday. My rear view decided to melt off. car8fan 07/16/05 02:20 PM