Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194356 - 10/22/03 08:48 PM Re: Any other Asians on here?
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
/verbosity warning

I think you're missing my point. I made no mention of Blacks and I do not mean to reference them in this post. I'm Asian and I posted about Asians - not Blacks, Hispanics, Eskimos or Native Americans.

Contrary to what you may think, I am not one of those liberal leftist hippies - I am against racial quotas of all kinds. I am a firm believer in competitive admissions.

For example, if you look at the empirical data (aptitude tests, entrance exams and such), the only minority sub-group that regularly scores on par with Caucasians are Asians.

But Do you ever hear Jesse Jackson mention Asians when he refers to minorities? No. He only speaks for the Blacks ... and when its politically expedient, the Hispanics.

What my point was and of the article is - is that when someone takes a cheap shot at Blacks (and to a lesser extent Hispanics) there's hell to pay. BUT - take a cheap shot at Asians ... and nothing happens. You see white people dress in makeup and mock Asians (stupid ass beatch on MAD TV) - but do they have enough balls to dress up in black-face and mock Blacks? No.

Yes, I am a GPer and I'm glad to know so are you. If this post sparked even a moment of consideration of race on your part or on the part of anyone who reads it - then I have done my job.

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Any other Asians on here? Chew 10/17/03 10:15 AM
Re: Any other Asians on here? Marc Harbison 10/17/03 11:27 PM
Re: Any other Asians on here? jvojr 10/18/03 08:44 AM
Re: Any other Asians on here? Chew 10/20/03 02:40 PM
Re: Any other Asians on here? BryantGTP 10/20/03 03:47 PM
Re: Any other Asians on here? jvojr 10/21/03 11:49 AM
Re: Any other Asians on here? Chew 10/22/03 08:48 PM