Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211703 - 10/28/08 08:38 PM Re: G8 will only have a 5 year run
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Just like the article says, its an ugly reality but a reality nonetheless...if sales of either car dont make it viable then they will go the way of the dinosaur. This is the same reason so much of Chryslers lineup is in trouble because they are top heavy with v8 powered rwd cars. Unless there is a technology breakthrough that will allow such vehicle to be more liveable at the gas pump and checkbook their futures look bleak.

I personally think the Solstice would be much better seller if they just had made the design even a tiny bit more practical. Miata sales havent tanked because of GM's twins mostly because the Mazda still has a trunk and hugely loyal fan base. When a large touring motorcycle has more stowing space than your 2seat roadster thats pretty sad in my book.

The v6 G8 is still a darned nice car but I have been surprised a how little advertisng the car has recieved. In my opinion the Grand Prix is shining example of how you can have looks, performance, practicality and economy wrapped up in single package...maybe GM should be looking in its own back yard instead of down under.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
G8 will only have a 5 year run Acefighter 10/23/08 03:29 PM
Re: G8 will only have a 5 year run BoostenGTP 10/23/08 04:07 PM
Re: G8 will only have a 5 year run Doug in CT 10/24/08 10:47 AM
Re: G8 will only have a 5 year run Acefighter 10/28/08 02:04 PM
Re: G8 will only have a 5 year run ThunderBat 10/28/08 08:38 PM
Re: G8 will only have a 5 year run GrandPrix08 10/28/08 10:06 PM

Moderator:  AustinGTP, Chew, HercMan(Rob), Redshift