Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214717 - 07/06/11 12:00 PM Replacing stock stereo system
Justin1989 Offline
Hello everyone, I've taken a look over the site and I must say it is good to see so many people able to communicate over a great vehicle. I would also like to thank you for your time in reading this post.

I would first off like to get started by saying I have already replaced the stock head unit with a single din receiver, added an amplifier and two subwoofers. They have worked great so far, other then the fact that I lost my automatic start on the car, and I'm assuming this is to losing my factory head unite. If not I would love an answer for that. What I am doing is actually replacing the BOSE unit, putting in new speakers and a new amplifier. Due to my excessive loudness of almost any time of music, I have most certainly blown the back two 6x9's which I didn't actually plan on replacing. The only speakers I plan on truly replacing are the current 6 1/2" speakers in the doors, along with the tweeters. I am putting in a set of Apline SPR-60C's, and also plan on unhooking the middle speaker on the dash. I figured these speakers would easily outpower any of the BOSE speakers, and would sound great while doing it. I am mainly concerned of how to do this, would I no longer need the wiring harness which costs over $100 to use the BOSE unite? I remember having to have a special piece added due to that system for the car to function properly or something I can't remember, so I am hoping someone here could help me out a bit.

Thanks everyone

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Replacing stock stereo system Justin1989 07/06/11 12:00 PM
Re: Replacing stock stereo system burkem_10 07/21/11 09:19 PM
Re: Replacing stock stereo system akuch26 09/20/11 12:03 AM