Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#222790 - 01/21/21 10:36 PM Re: Hard starting when warm after engine rebuild [Re: Jrp79]
Richard Candelario Offline
perhaps air metering and control? IAC, IAT, MAF, MAP, TPS, or O2 (long shot, addmitedly). If you're on Discord, ZZP has a pretty robust server going. Let me know if you want those instructions. Your issue doesn't ring a bell as to something we've faced here. My first thoughts went to a fueling problem, as well. Since you've ruled that out, I would go to breathing or spark. I'm going to assume you've already replaced the plugs and wires with your rebuild. Testing the MAF is pretty easy: with it running, you should be able to unplug it and it runs fine. When you unplug the MAF, it should start to stumble and roughen the idle.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Hard starting when warm after engine rebuild Jrp79 01/21/21 02:28 PM
Re: Hard starting when warm after engine rebuild Richard Candelario 01/21/21 10:36 PM
Re: Hard starting when warm after engine rebuild Tom Joyce 02/21/21 11:12 PM
Re: Hard starting when warm after engine rebuild Richard Candelario 03/10/21 06:20 PM