Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#22570 - 04/02/07 06:00 PM pulleys and power steering
white on white gtp Offline
Loc: shelby twp, mi
so my tesnsioner pulley siezed the other night when i was about 2 miles from home which in turn broke the pulley off of the bearing and shredded the belt. i drove straight no more than 3 turns without power steering and parked the car. got a ride up to the store and changed the pulley and the belt. so far so good. so later in the day i go to go golfing and i make it within 1/4 mile of the course and i start hearing the power steering whine so i golf and then drive straight to meijer and buy some fluid and put it in on the parking lot. problem solved so far so good. so then i leave work today i get within 1/2 mile of my house and the power steering starts whinning again. so i pull in the driveway and notice two huge puddles of power steering fluid i presume one from the night the belt broke and one from the night after i replaced the fluid.

any ideas why losing the belt would cause my power steering pump to start leaking? i dont really have a problem replacing it i would just like to know why. anybody know how hard and expensive the part is to replace?

thanks for your help as always!

just when i think you cant get any dumber...

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
pulleys and power steering white on white gtp 04/02/07 06:00 PM
Re: pulleys and power steering RooK 04/02/07 06:02 PM
Re: pulleys and power steering white on white gtp 04/02/07 08:11 PM
Re: pulleys and power steering Blackarrow98GP 04/02/07 08:59 PM
Re: pulleys and power steering RooK 04/02/07 09:24 PM
Re: pulleys and power steering white on white gtp 04/02/07 10:01 PM