Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52858 - 12/04/02 08:05 PM Good to be back & how to really smoke the tires on a 97 GTP?
gtpsrock Offline
Loc: Utah
Well, well, its good to be back after being gone for 2 years (no, Brian didn't kick me off wink )I was in Las Vegas for our church. Its good to still se a few of ya around like Brian and Eric Wong.

Anyway, my question for the day:

I still have the '97 GTP I boughtback in the day that I rebuilt after it was totalled with 1,000 miles on it.

Anyway, whenever I try to really burnout, it starts spinning real good, then it seems like it kills the ignition, and shifts or something. Then it she'll burn them pretty good in second.

Then last night, I was doing the standard e-brake slide around a corner, and my "check tire pressure" light came on and the ABS light, and the magnasteer quit. BUT, the tires would spin like no other when I jumped on it (70mph in 1st gear- on snow)

Then when I shut the car off and turned it back on, it reset itself. No more big smokey burnouts. confused

I tried to just pull the ABS fuse, but that didn't help. I remember people talking about this years ago, but don't know where to look.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Paul
'97 GTP
www.rupelli.com/paul

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Good to be back & how to really smoke the tires on a 97 GTP? gtpsrock 12/04/02 08:05 PM
Re: Good to be back & how to really smoke the tires on a 97 GTP? Kerry 12/21/02 11:41 AM
Re: Good to be back & how to really smoke the tires on a 97 GTP? crazyliver 01/02/03 12:18 AM
Re: Good to be back & how to really smoke the tires on a 97 GTP? Dave 01/14/03 07:26 PM
Re: Good to be back & how to really smoke the tires on a 97 GTP? Redshift 01/15/03 01:23 AM
Re: Good to be back & how to really smoke the tires on a 97 GTP? Redshift 01/15/03 01:23 AM