Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83363 - 01/14/03 04:16 PM Misc problems and questions
AlphaWolf Offline
Loc: Utica, NY
First off, I'd like to say hi to everyone on this list. I just bought my first american made car back in spetember after having Honda's for the past 6 years. I'm loving my '99 Grand Prix GT, but just have a few questions for the experts here.

First off, my drivers side window goes up and down normally in warm weather, but when the temp drops below freezing, it goes down fine, but is extreamly slow going up. From what I've read here, does the track just need lubrication? Seems strange that it goes down fine but won't go up at the same speed.

Second, how in the heck do you reset the Change Oil Soon light? I read that you turn the key to On, press the accelerator 3 times, then turn it off and it should reset, but it's not.

Third, what should be the normal range for the remote door openers? I'm getting around 20 feet at most. I'm used to my Honda that would open up to 150' away. I already changed the battery thinking it was just dying but that didn't help.

Forth, the drivers side door seems to close a lot louder and squeek a bit when you open it compared to the passenger side door. Does this have to do with the alignment problems I keep reading about? Strange coincidence that it's also my drivers side window that's acting up. Any ideas?

Fifth, anyone know the audio system? I keep reading that the GP has 6 speakers, but I think that ended with the '98? My rear deck only has 2 speakers that I can see. I'm trying to figure out why the GP has such a great audio system. It's got by far the best stock audio system I've ever heard.

Sixth, this list is getting longer than I thought. Does anyone have a rough estimate to repaint the entire car? It has a bunch of chips on the hood and multiple scraches and a rather nasty gouge along the PS rear fender pannel. I'm pretty sure that the last owner didn't take good care of it and just keep waxing over the chips.

I think that's it for now. If anyone has any answers it's be helpful. Especially if you have any cost estimates since it's out of warranty.

Thanks for all your help.
High Powered Gaming Computers
AlphaWolf@RomulusWeb.com

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Misc problems and questions AlphaWolf 01/14/03 04:16 PM
Re: Misc problems and questions Marc Harbison 01/15/03 01:09 PM
Re: Misc problems and questions stick 01/15/03 08:12 PM
Re: Misc problems and questions AlphaWolf 01/16/03 12:57 AM
Re: Misc problems and questions vortec4200 01/16/03 01:57 PM
Re: Misc problems and questions Littleman 01/18/03 01:31 PM
Re: Misc problems and questions Littleman 01/18/03 01:35 PM