- Problem Abstract: SES alert light keeps lighting up
- Reported By: Jose A Garcia (email@example.com)
- Year: 1998
- Model: GTP
- Mileage: 5435
- Applicable Options:
- Solution: Attempt 1 : Dealer replaced spark plug wire.
Attempt 2 : Dealer replaced the car' s computer.
Attempt 3 : Dealer replaced the car' s #4 fuel injector.
- Cost: warranty
- Other: Less than three weeks after I picked up my new
1998 GTP the SES (Service Engine Soon) light
began to light up. At first the dealer replaced what they
said was a faulty spark plug wire. About a week after
they replaced the wire the SES light turned on again.
After a day of troubleshooting the so called 'master
mechanics' at the Pontiac dealer replaced the car' s
computer and assured me that the problem was taken
care of. Less than 4 months later the problem reared its
ugly head again. This time they swapped the #4
fuel injector. Hopefully this will be the end to the SES
dilema. If anyone out there has experienced something
similar with the SES light on their GRAND PRIX please
e-mail me so that we may exchange info.
- Date Entered: 12/24/1998 at 10:58:59 CST