- Problem Abstract: paint, leaky trunk, HUD, window
- Reported By: Steve (email@example.com)
- Year: Year
- Model: GTP
- Mileage: 8000
- Applicable Options: all
- Cost: way to much of my time
- Other: I have to say that I am totally disappointed with this car. To date I have experienced the following problems: paint peeling under the spoiler and on the roof. This took three times to get right. The first time the dealership painted the trunk and the roof, it looked so bad that I asked the bodyshop manager if they painted it outside in the sandy parking lot. On the second attempt it looked like they sanded the body with gravel and finally on the third attempt it looked good enough so the car at least did not look like it had been wrecked.
The second major problem was a fried driver's window motor which was fixed in one day.
The next problem is a HUD that likes to turn off sometimes or put up half a display of weird looking characters. No solution to this since this problem never seems to happen when the car is in the dealership.
Finally, my trunk has developed a leak that mimics a small waterfall during a carwash or rain. The car is currently in the dealership while they try to figure this latest mess.
I told the dealership to keep the thing until they get it fixed right and I'll just keep on driving the 99 4x4 Blazer they rented for me until they do.
Although the car is a great performer having it in the shop six times in five months is unacceptable.
Oh yeah. I forgot that the "Grand Prix" logo on the trunk fell off one day when my wife shut the trunk. It just left the "prix" on the back.
Needless to say this car will likely be sold in the near future and will likely be replaced with the new 328 BMW or the new Acura.
I hate to buy a non-american made car, but my loyalty can only go so far.
- Date Entered: 2/15/1999 at 20:44:13 CST
- From IP: (18.104.22.168)